RPN/RPL Calculator implementations, list of, regular post [long, FAQ] - Handheld

This is a discussion on RPN/RPL Calculator implementations, list of, regular post [long, FAQ] - Handheld ; Last-Modified: 2003-12-12 Posting-Frequency: bi-monthly URL: http://www.finseth.com/rpnrpl.html Copyright: 2002-3 by Craig A. Finseth Archive-name: computer/handhelds/rpn-rpl Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content. RPN/RPL Implementations Document id RPN/RPL Implementations http://www.finseth.com/rpnrpl.html Last posted 2003-12-12 reposted about every 2 months Contact: ...

  1. RPN/RPL Calculator implementations, list of, regular post [long, FAQ]

    Last-Modified: 2003-12-12
    Posting-Frequency: bi-monthly
    Copyright: 2002-3 by Craig A. Finseth
    Archive-name: computer/handhelds/rpn-rpl
    Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content.

    RPN/RPL Implementations

    Document id

    RPN/RPL Implementations
    http://www.finseth.com/rpnrpl.html

    Last posted 2003-12-12 reposted about every 2 months

    Contact:

    Craig A. Finseth
    http://www.finseth.com

    Copyright

    This FAQ document is Copyright 2002-3 by Craig A. Finseth.

    It may be reproduced and archived as part of normal network
    distribution. Such distribution is assumed to include CD/ROM or other
    bulk, unedited distribution.

    It may be reproduced for individual or non-commerical use provided
    that it is reproduced intact.

    It may be reproduced for commercial use provided:

    o it is reproduced essentially intact including all copyright
    notices and acknowledgements,

    o the publisher obtains the latest version directly from the
    FAQ maintainer (using the above WWW site is acceptable),

    o the publisher provides the FAQ maintainer with information
    on what collection the copy of the FAQ is in, and how that
    collection may be obtained,

    o all material modifications (other than formatting) are
    clearly marked.

    Posted to comp.sys.hp48, comp.answers, news.answers

    Description

    This document provides a list of implementations of RPN, RPL,
    and HP calculators for other systems. You can help make it more
    comprehensive by sending me additional information and/or updates.

    To be included in this list, an implementation must:

    o implement at least a "standard" 4-level RPN calculator.
    Minor variations (e.g., 3 or 5 levels) do not preclude being
    listed. Implementations that include both RPN and
    algebraic modes are eligible.

    o implement an RPL calculator.

    o implement a "clone" (or near-clone) of any Hewlett-Packard
    calculator, even if it is an algebraic-only model.

    The following information is included for each implementation:

    The *NAME* line contains the name of the implementation.
    Implementations are listed alphabetically by name. If the
    implementation emulates or approximates a specific calculator
    and it is not obvious from the name which calculator is emulated,
    the emulated calculator model is given in parentheses.

    The *LAST* *CHANGED/VERIFIED* line contains the date that the
    entry was last changed or an explict "looks ok to me" was received
    by the FAQ maintainer.

    The *ORIGINAL* *DISTRIBUTION* is the date (or partial date) of the
    first release. It is in YYYY-MM-DD format.

    The *VERSION* is the latest known version. It is probably out of
    date.

    The *ENVIRONMENT* is the operating environment. This is a very
    high-level description: consult the documentation on the
    product for any specifics.

    The *ORGANIZATION* is the name of and contact information for the
    implementor or current maintainer.

    The *STATUS* is one of

    o no longer available: Self-explanatory.
    o free: The implementation is available to most people at no
    charge. Even such "free" implementations may have restrictions:
    consult information about the particular implementation. Where
    available, information on how to obtain a copy is also listed.
    o shareware: Self-explanatory.
    o not free: The implementation is for sale. Contact the vendor
    for specifics.

    Many of the names of the implementations in this list are
    trademarked. Specific trademarks are not called out.

    Table of Contents

    Implementations Available for PCs: DOS, Windows, Macintosh, Unix

    Calc41

    name: Calc41
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Windows
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: not free

    Note: was sold by EduCALC.

    Emu28

    name: Emu28 (includes 28C)
    last changed/verified: 2003-03-11
    version: ?
    environment: ?
    organization/author:
    Christoph Giesselink
    http://privat.swol.de/ChristophGiesselink/emu28.htm
    status: free

    Emu48

    name: Emu48 (includes 38G, 29G, 40G, 48SX, 48GX, 49G)
    last changed/verified: 2002-12-03
    version: 32
    environment: Windows
    organization/author:
    Christoph Giesselink
    http://privat.swol.de/ChristophGiesselink/.
    status: free

    Emu48

    name: Emu48
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Windows
    organization/author:
    Sebastien Carlier
    status: free

    HP Emulator

    name: HP Emulator (48GX)
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-29
    version: 0.9.0
    environment: Windows
    organization/author:
    Daniel Nilsson
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/hpemu
    status: free

    HP10BII Emulator

    name: HP10BII Emulator (48GX)
    last changed/verified: 2003-02-17
    version: ?
    environment: Windows
    organization/author:
    ?
    http://www.hpcc.org/links.html
    status: free

    HP-16C

    name: HP-16C
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Windows
    organization/author:
    Joseph M. Newcomer Co.
    http://www.pgh.net/~newcomer/hp16c.htm
    status: free

    Note: Palm version also available.

    HP-16C

    name: HP-16C
    last changed/verified: 2003-03-25
    version: preview
    environment: Java
    organization/author:
    Alexander Supalov
    supalov@foni.net
    http://home.foni.net/~supalov/hp16c
    status: free

    Note: It's available for online preview at
    http://home.foni.net/~supalov/hp16c . It's implemented using Swing,
    so that you may need to add Sun's Java plugin at
    http://java.sun.com/plugin to get it up and running.

    This is an ongoing effort, and there's a number of limitations to
    this emulator that we are well aware of, but there may be some
    that we've missed. Please bear with us: all constructive feedback
    will be highly appreciated.

    HP-25 Emulator

    name: HP-25 Emulator
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: DOS
    organization/author:
    Nigel Bromley
    http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/sq...6/freesoft.htm
    status: free

    HP-41C Emulator

    name: HP-41C Emulator
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Windows
    organization/author:
    Warren Furlow
    http://www.furlow.org
    status: free

    HP-41C Emulator

    name: HP-41C Emulator (Sim41?)
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: DOS
    organization/author:
    Alvaro Gerardo Suárez
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/4919/
    http://geocities.com/algesuar
    status: free

    HP-41C, HP-45 Emulators

    name: HP-41C, HP-45 Emulators
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: XWindows, Unix
    organization/author:
    Eric Smith
    http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/hpcalc/
    status: free

    HP-41C, HP-71B Emulators

    name: HP-41C, HP-71B Emulators
    last changed/verified: 2003-02-17
    version: ?
    environment: DOS
    organization/author:
    J. Garnier
    http://membres.lycos.fr/jeffcalc/
    status: free

    HP-67 Simulator

    name: HP-67 Simulator
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Unix, Apple GS
    organization/author:
    Christopher Neufeld
    http://caliban.physics.utoronto.ca/n...hp67/hp67.html
    status: free

    Loki and LokiBin

    name: Loki and LokiBin
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 1.0
    environment: many
    organization/author:
    Craig Finseth
    http://www.finseth.com/#Loki
    status: free

    Note: Several implementations, including: command-line for
    Windows, Macintosh OS X, and Unix; system manager versions for
    HP95LX, HP100*, and HP200*; native GUI for Windows, Macintosh
    OS 8+ and OS X. Loki is a 4-function RPN calculator that does
    fractional input and output and units. LokiBin is a
    4-function RPN calculator that does binary / octal / hex
    transformation and math.

    Pscalc95

    name: Pscalc95 (HP-28ish)
    last changed/verified: 2003-04-16
    version: ?
    environment: HP95 and similar
    organization/author:
    http://ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/palmtop/pscalc.lzh
    status: free

    RPL/2

    name: RPL/2 (?)
    last changed/verified: 2003-04-16
    version: ?
    environment: ?
    organization/author:
    http://www.makalis.fr/~bertrand/rpl2
    status: free

    Ttcalc

    name: Ttcalc (HP-41C)
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 1.3?
    environment: Windows
    organization/author:
    Stefan Seiwerth, mailto:Seiwerth@aol.com
    http://www.hpmuseum.org/simulate/simulate.htm
    http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/ftp-home/p.../ttbcalc13.zip
    status: free

    WRPN

    name: WRPN (HP-16C)
    Emmet P. Gray, mailto:GrayE@hood-emh3.army.mil
    http://www.hpmuseum.org/simulate/simulate.htm
    status: free

    X48

    name: X48 (HP-16C)
    last changed/verified: 2003-08-14
    version: 1.2 of the port, 0.4.1 of the original emulator
    environment: Macintosh
    organization/author:
    Markus Fritze
    http:www.markus-fritze.de
    status: free

    Xxxx

    name: Xxxx
    last changed/verified: 2003-03-11
    version: ?
    environment: Windows (probably)
    organization/author:
    Craig Pearce
    status: free

    Note: mentioned in Chip Newsletter No. 77 March - April 2003.
    Said to emulate an "HP style RPN calculator." Written in
    Visual Basic.

    Implementations Available For Palm Systems

    Coconut

    name: Coconut (HP-41C)
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 3.0.3
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: both free and not free

    HP-16C

    name: HP-16C
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    Joseph M. Newcomer Co.
    http://www.pgh.net/~newcomer/hp16c.htm
    status: free

    Note: Windows version also available.

    Kalc

    name: Kalc
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 3.0.3
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: free

    MathU

    name: MathU
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: not free

    Note: related to MathU Pro and PalmCalc.

    MathU Pro

    name: MathU Pro
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: not free

    Note: related to MathU and PalmCalc.

    NeoCal

    name: NeoCal
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 1.5
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: not free

    P41CV

    name: P41CV
    last changed/verified: 2003-03-10
    version: 0.11
    environment: Palm
    organization/author: Charles Lee
    status: not free (only $7, though)

    Palm16c

    name: Palm16c (HP-16C)
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    Jake Schwartz
    status: not free

    PalmCalc

    name: PalmCalc
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: not free

    Note: related to MathU and MathU Pro.

    Power48

    name: Power48
    last changed/verified: 2003-10-14
    version: v1.0
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    Robert Hildinger
    http://power48.mobilevoodoo.com/
    status: free

    PowerOne

    name: PowerOne
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: not free

    Note: The "finance" version is the only one offering RPN.

    RPN

    name: RPN
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 3.04
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    http://www.palmgear.com
    status: not free

    RPN Calculator 1.0.1

    name: RPN
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 1.0.1
    environment: Palm
    organization/author:
    ?
    status: free

    Implementations Available for Psion Systems

    DCalc

    name: DCalc (RPN)
    last changed/verified: 2003-04-17
    version: ?
    environment: Psion
    organization/author:
    Bob Hepple
    http://sedumi.freeshell.org/psion/index.html
    PocketIQ
    status: shareware

    Multifunction RPN Calculator

    name: Multifunction RPN Calculator (HP-16Cish)
    last changed/verified: 2003-04-17
    version: ?
    environment: Psion
    organization/author:
    Derek Johnson
    http://www.freeuk.net/decca
    status: shareware

    Psion48

    name: Psion48 (similar to HP48SX)
    last changed/verified: 2003-04-17
    version: 2.1
    environment: Psion
    organization/author:
    Xavier Galante
    http://Psion48.free.fr
    status: shareware

    Implementations Available for Windows CE Systems

    HP-41C Emulator

    name: HP-41C Emulator
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: WindowsCE
    organization/author:
    Warren Furlow
    http://www.furlow.org
    status: free

    Loki and LokiBin

    name: Loki and LokiBin
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 1.0
    environment: JavaScript
    organization/author:
    Craig Finseth
    http://www.finseth.com/#Loki
    status: free

    Note: JavaScript implementation tuned for Windows CE implementation
    and screen size. Loki is a basic RPN machine and LokiBin does
    binary/octal/hex transforms and math.

    Implementations Available for the Web

    CoCalc, CoCalc2

    name: CoCalc CoCalc2
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Java
    organization/author:
    http://www.cohort.com/
    status: free

    HP-25

    name: HP-25
    Larry Leinweber, mailto:larry@leinweb.com
    http://www.hpmuseum.org/simulate/simulate.htm
    status: free

    HP-35 Simulation

    name: HP-35 Simulation
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: JavaScript
    organization/author:
    Neil Fraser
    http://www.hpmuseum.org/simulate/simulate.htm
    status: free

    HP-45 Microcode Simulator

    name: HP-45 Microcode Simulator
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: ?
    environment: Java
    organization/author:
    Eric Smith
    http://www.hpmuseum.org/simulate/simulate.htm
    status: free

    Loki and LokiBin

    name: Loki and LokiBin
    last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    version: 1.0
    environment: JavaScript
    organization/author:
    Craig Finseth
    http://www.finseth.com/#Loki
    status: free

    End

  2. Re: RPN/RPL Calculator implementations, list of, regular post [long, FAQ]

    Hi,

    Did you know that there is even an implementation on TI calcs, RPN Calc
    v1.01 :

    http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files...103/10381.html

    Regards,
    Herve

    "Craig A. Finseth" a écrit dans le message de
    news:3fda23b9$0$961$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com.. .
> [...]

    > Implementations Available for Windows CE Systems
    >
    > HP-41C Emulator
    >
    > name: HP-41C Emulator
    > last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    > version: ?
    > environment: WindowsCE
    > organization/author:
    > Warren Furlow
    > http://www.furlow.org
    > status: free
    >
    > Loki and LokiBin
    >
    > name: Loki and LokiBin
    > last changed/verified: 2002-10-21
    > version: 1.0
    > environment: JavaScript
    > organization/author:
    > Craig Finseth
    > http://www.finseth.com/#Loki
    > status: free
    >
    > Note: JavaScript implementation tuned for Windows CE

    implementation
    > and screen size. Loki is a basic RPN machine and LokiBin does

  3. Re: RPN/RPL Calculator implementations, list of, regular post [long, FAQ]

    "Hervé Chappe" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Did you know that there is even an implementation on TI calcs, RPN Calc
    > v1.01 :
    >
    > http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files...103/10381.html

    IMHO, Lars Frederiksen's RPN is much better:

    http://www.paxm.org/symbulator/download/rpn.html

    Besides Doug's extensive documentation, the program itself is more functional.

    --
    Bhuvanesh

+ Reply to Thread