syncing with linux - Handheld

This is a discussion on syncing with linux - Handheld ; I am considering the purchase of an SL-5500 or 5600 and am concerned about what I am reading in forums and user groups about the lack of syncing capabilities to a linux environment. Can anyone shed some light on this ...

  1. syncing with linux

    I am considering the purchase of an SL-5500 or 5600 and am concerned
    about what I am reading in forums and user groups about the lack of
    syncing capabilities to a linux environment. Can anyone shed some light
    on this subject ??? thanks. {rh}

  2. Re: syncing with linux

    http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/showdetail.php?app=680

    --
    sid
    RLU 300284 Mdk 9.2 2.4.22-21mm.1mdkcustom

  3. Re: syncing with linux

    Bob Hyam wrote:

    > I am considering the purchase of an SL-5500 or 5600 and am concerned
    > about what I am reading in forums and user groups about the lack of
    > syncing capabilities to a linux environment. Can anyone shed some light
    > on this subject ??? thanks. {rh}

    meant to post this one at the same time

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2C2126C6

    --
    sid
    RLU 300284 Mdk 9.2 2.4.22-21mm.1mdkcustom
    My barber's getting very hard of hearing,
    I asked him to make me look like a *count*.....

  4. Re: syncing with linux

    Bob Hyam wrote:

    > I am considering the purchase of an SL-5500 or 5600 and am concerned
    > about what I am reading in forums and user groups about the lack of
    > syncing capabilities to a linux environment. Can anyone shed some light
    > on this subject ??? thanks. {rh}

    Following on from this yesterday I have been playing with my Z.
    I have just sucseffully synced my 5600 wirelessly with my Mandrake 9.2
    desktop. Woohoo.
    So the answer is yes it can be done.

    SL5600
    OpenZaurus 3.3.5
    Qtopia desktop 1.7 from a RedHat rpm

    --
    sid
    RLU 300284 Mdk 9.2 2.4.22-21mm.1mdkcustom
    My barber's getting very hard of hearing,
    I asked him to make me look like a *count*.....

  5. Re: syncing with linux

    Bob Hyam wrote:

    > I am considering the purchase of an SL-5500 or 5600 and am concerned
    > about what I am reading in forums and user groups about the lack of
    > syncing capabilities to a linux environment. Can anyone shed some light
    > on this subject ??? thanks. {rh}

    KDE3.2 will contain KitchenSync for KDE synchronisation.
    If you insist you can get a tarball for KDE3.1 from
    http://opie.handhelds.org/~zecke/latest.tar.gz

    There is also MultiSync (http://multisync.sourceforge.net) and the
    aforementioned QtopiaDesktop (though this one does not sync with anything
    besides itself).

    Oliver

    Oliver Fels
    Feed manager/Coordination
    Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
    http://opie.handhelds.org
    IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de

+ Reply to Thread