HP Jornada 680/keyboard not working/cannot get beyond touchscreen calibration - Handheld

This is a discussion on HP Jornada 680/keyboard not working/cannot get beyond touchscreen calibration - Handheld ; Hi, I have a problem with a used HP Jornade 680 I had bought. Basically, I can plug it in, switch it on using the ON/OFF switch and it boots up saying: ---------------------------------------------------------------- [Exiting Backup Mode] Booting WARM Exception Event ...

  1. HP Jornada 680/keyboard not working/cannot get beyond touchscreen calibration

    Hi,

    I have a problem with a used HP Jornade 680 I had bought. Basically, I
    can plug it in, switch it on using the ON/OFF switch and it boots up
    saying:

    [Exiting Backup Mode]

    Booting WARM
    Exception Event Code = 20
    Manual Reset

    Although I can switch it on using the power switch, I cannot turn it
    off using the same. I have to press the reset pin or remove the
    battery to turn it off. The system is configured to take me to the
    calibration screen by default - I can perform those actions, but at
    the last stage, the system tells me to either press Enter to accept
    new settings or press Escape to use old settings. Pressing either does
    not do anything.

    That has led me to believe that basically something is messed up with
    the keyboard alone - anyone had any experiences similar to this?

    PS: Cant go to HP Support. They'll charge a flat $250 to replace it...

    Thanks!

  2. Re: HP Jornada 680/keyboard not working/cannot get beyond touchscreen calibration

    Have you tried a hard reset?
    Remove the main battery and the backup battery and let the unit sit for 10
    minutes.

    Bob G

+ Reply to Thread