Toshiba e755 WiFi Setting - Handheld

This is a discussion on Toshiba e755 WiFi Setting - Handheld ; I just got a Toshiba e755, but having problems getting the wireless connection working. I have a Siemens (SpeedStream) wireless router, configured with 64 bit WEP and DHCP enabled. The Toshiba recognizes the SSID and appears to be connected. The ...

  1. Toshiba e755 WiFi Setting

    I just got a Toshiba e755, but having problems getting the wireless
    connection working. I have a Siemens (SpeedStream) wireless router,
    configured with 64 bit WEP and DHCP enabled. The Toshiba recognizes the
    SSID and appears to be connected. The signal is excellent. However, the
    LAN settings are all wrong. Seems IP Renew makes no difference as the
    assigned IP address is always 169.254.61.111 with Subnet Mask
    255.255.0.0 and Gateway 0.0.0.0. (They should be
    192.168.254.x/255.255.255.0/192.168.254.254.) Did I do something wrong?
    The router works flawlessly with my notebook and desktop.

    Any thoughts? Thanks for any help.

    -- Yang

  2. Re: Toshiba e755 WiFi Setting

    Did you get the problem solved?

    I have the similar problem as yours. Mine is DELL AXIM X3I WIFI enabled. I
    have my wireless router as DHCP enabled and I didn't have any issue when I
    connect my laptop to router wirelessly.

    When I tested Pocket PC, the device can not get dynamic IP address to which
    the router assign. Then I have to use work around to set fixed IP address
    and set Gateway and DNS server manually. Then I can access to the internet.
    Once connected, the signal is stable and very sensative. I got Window Media
    9 working to view video stream.

    "Yang Wang"
    ??????:zY8zb.16416$f7.781766@localhost...
    > I just got a Toshiba e755, but having problems getting the wireless
    > connection working. I have a Siemens (SpeedStream) wireless router,
    > configured with 64 bit WEP and DHCP enabled. The Toshiba recognizes the
    > SSID and appears to be connected. The signal is excellent. However, the
    > LAN settings are all wrong. Seems IP Renew makes no difference as the
    > assigned IP address is always 169.254.61.111 with Subnet Mask
    > 255.255.0.0 and Gateway 0.0.0.0. (They should be
    > 192.168.254.x/255.255.255.0/192.168.254.254.) Did I do something wrong?
    > The router works flawlessly with my notebook and desktop.
    >
    > Any thoughts? Thanks for any help.
    >
    > -- Yang

+ Reply to Thread