Syncing HP Jordana 620LX with linux pc - Handheld

This is a discussion on Syncing HP Jordana 620LX with linux pc - Handheld ; Hi all. I'm considering buoiying a used HP Jordana 620LX, but my only concern is can it sync with a linux box? There's very few threads even concerning this model, never mind with linux. Any thoughts &&/|| experiences? -- GROG! ...

  1. Syncing HP Jordana 620LX with linux pc

    --
    GROG! \|/ NetBSD - where do you want to go Tuesday? --
    thks @ @ Julian Assange

  2. Re: Syncing HP Jordana 620LX with linux pc

    On 11-27 09:33 CST, GROG! wrote:
    >Hi all. I'm considering buoiying a used HP Jordana 620LX, but my only
    >concern is can it sync with a linux box? There's very few threads
    >even concerning this model, never mind with linux.

    ok, after a bit of thought & research, I realize that this model has a
    pcmcia slot. If I had a nic card I should be able to plug into an
    available network, correct? So the idea of 'syncing' might be a
    holdover from my palm experiences & my lack of win-ce device
    experience, and I can transfer data to-from the Jordana just like any
    other windows box on that network, correct?

    thks

    --
    GROG! \|/ I/O, I/O, It's off to disk I go, A bit or byte
    thks @ @ to read or write, I/O, I/O, I/O
    --oOO-(_)-OOo--
    EMAIL: grog [at] beevomit [dot] org

  3. Re: Syncing HP Jordana 620LX with linux pc

    On 11-27 09:33 CST, GROG! wrote:
    >Hi all. I'm considering buying a used HP Jordana 620LX, but my only
    >concern is can it sync with a linux box? There's very few threads
    >even concerning this model, never mind with linux.

    Hi comp.sys.handhelds. Sorry for posting again, just trying to get
    some feedback on this.

    ok, after a bit of thought & research, I realize that this model has a
    pcmcia slot. If I had a nic card I should be able to plug into an
    available network, correct? So the idea of 'syncing' might be a
    holdover from my palm experiences & my lack of win-ce device
    experience, and I can transfer data to-from the Jordana just like any
    other windows box on that network, correct?

    thks

    --
    GROG! \|||/ She has eyes like two holes in a burnt blanket.
    thks -(@ @)-
    /--ooO-(_)-Ooo--\
    EMAIL: grog [at] beevomit [dot] org

  4. Re: Syncing HP Jordana 620LX with linux pc

    GROG! wrote in message news:...
    > On 11-27 09:33 CST, GROG! wrote:
    > >Hi all. I'm considering buying a used HP Jordana 620LX,

    > I can transfer data to-from the Jordana just like any
    > other windows box on that network, correct?

    Dude, it's JorNaDa, not JorDaNa.

  5. Re: Syncing HP Jornada 620LX with linux pc

    On 12-01 10:48 CST, Bob Jones wrote:
    > GROG! wrote in message news:...
    >> On 11-27 09:33 CST, GROG! wrote:
    >> >Hi all. I'm considering buying a used HP Jordana 620LX,

    >> I can transfer data to-from the Jordana just like any
    >> other windows box on that network, correct?

    > Dude, it's JorNaDa, not JorDaNa.

    I realized that after I got the unit. Thanks for the correction. bb

    --
    GROG! \|||/ This sentence no verb.
    thks -(@ @)-
    /--ooO-(_)-Ooo--\
    EMAIL: grog [at] beevomit [dot] org

  6. Re: Syncing HP Jordana 620LX with linux pc

    > On 11-27 09:33 CST, GROG! wrote:
    >>Hi all. I'm considering buying a used HP Jordana 620LX, but my only
    >>concern is can it sync with a linux box? There's very few threads
    >>even concerning this model, never mind with linux.

    I don't have a wince unit to play with, so I cannot speak to how
    well this works - but here is something to look at...
    http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/kde/

    Yep! A bonafide project to sync WinCE and KDE

    Regards,
    John
    ---------------
    Linux User 266286

  7. Re: Syncing HP Jordana 620LX with linux pc

    On 12-01 21:16 CST, jvanderson wrote:
    >> On 11-27 09:33 CST, GROG! wrote:
    >>>Hi all. I'm considering buying a used HP Jordana 620LX, but my only
    >>>concern is can it sync with a linux box? There's very few threads
    >>>even concerning this model, never mind with linux.

    > I don't have a wince unit to play with, so I cannot speak to how
    > well this works - but here is something to look at...
    > http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/kde/
    >
    > Yep! A bonafide project to sync WinCE and KDE

    Thanks for the link! It actually led me to search for wince in all
    sourceforge projects, which turns up a long & interesting list. Lots
    to play with :?).

    seeyah

    --
    GROG! __^__ UH-OH!! I think KEN is OVER-DUE on his R.V.
    thks /(o o)\ PAYMENTS and HE'S having a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

+ Reply to Thread