Please Help----EMERGENCY lost data. How to restore? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Please Help----EMERGENCY lost data. How to restore? - Handheld ; Hi all, Sorry to post this again, but I really need help soon. My whole database is messed up and I need to fix it ASAP. I like to keep past appointments & Tasks, etc on my device for about ...

  1. Please Help----EMERGENCY lost data. How to restore?

    Hi all,
    Sorry to post this again, but I really need help soon. My whole
    database is messed up and I need to fix it ASAP.

    I like to keep past appointments & Tasks, etc on my device for about a
    year. Lately I've noticed that they are not there anymore, but they
    are still in Outlook. I tried to enter a "test" To Do and then mark it
    completed. I then set up Pocket Informant to show me completed Tasks
    and it was still there. I then Synched with my desktop and then tried
    to view completed again on my PPC and it was gone. It almost seems as
    if it is somehow archiving to Outlook automatically.

    How can I stop this from happening in the future and how can I get my
    all of the entries that still are in Outlook on my PC back onto my
    e740 without having to Hard Reset and reload/resynch. If there is a
    way to delete the databases that contain the Calendar, Task data on
    the Pocket PC (I don't know what these files are named or where they
    are and how to delete them) and then reload the info from Outlook that
    would be helpful. Also, I need to know how to stop this from getting
    messed up again after I fix it. Also I use Pocket Informant in case
    that helps.

    Please help, I'm desperate!
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Regards,
    Steve B.
    PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com

  2. Re: Please Help----EMERGENCY lost data. How to restore?

    Steven B. wrote:

    >How can I stop this from happening in the future and how can I get my
    >all of the entries that still are in Outlook on my PC back onto my
    >e740 without having to Hard Reset and reload/resynch.

    Sounds like something has corrupted the database. The easiest way is
    to delete your partnership and establish a new one. When ActiveSync
    asks, tell it to remove data from your device and repopulate with
    Outlook data.
    --
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

  3. Re: Please Help----EMERGENCY lost data. How to restore?

    Steven B. wrote in message news:...

    > Sorry to post this again, but I really need help soon. My whole
    > database is messed up and I need to fix it ASAP.
    >
    > I like to keep past appointments & Tasks, etc on my device for about a
    > year. Lately I've noticed that they are not there anymore, but they
    > are still in Outlook.
    >
    > How can I stop this from happening in the future and how can I get my
    > all of the entries that still are in Outlook on my PC back onto my
    > e740 without having to Hard Reset and reload/resynch.

    Isn't this a setting in Active Sync? Start up Active Sync on your PC,
    click Options and then click Calendar. Then click the Settings button
    on the right. There you tell it to sync all appointments or just the
    last two weeks and all future appointments.

    I have mine to sync ALL appointments and they stay on both my Toshiba
    e755 and Outlook on my PC until I delete them.

    I think this is what you are looking for and what would place them
    back on your PDA.

    Oh, and there may be a similar setting in Outlook depending on the
    version of Outlook you are using. I am using Outlook97.

    Good luck!

    Bob

+ Reply to Thread