Any Workpad Z50 users? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Any Workpad Z50 users? - Handheld ; I'm wondering if some Workpad Z50 user(s) could help me with some info... I recently acquire one of these and it didn't come with the serial cable. Now I can sync with the IR port, but I'd like to have ...

  1. Any Workpad Z50 users?

    I'm wondering if some Workpad Z50 user(s) could help me with some info...

    I recently acquire one of these and it didn't come with the serial cable.
    Now I can sync with the IR port, but I'd like to have the option of using
    serial... I'm looking for any of the following information:

    - where to get a serial cable cheaply
    - what the pinout of the original serial cable is (pin out for both sides of
    the cable)

    I'm looking at either building my own cable (if I can find what type of
    connector is on the WP), or adapting a Z50 printer cable to make it
    serial...

    Thanks,
    Seb

  2. Re: Any Workpad Z50 users?

    "Sebastien B." wrote in message
    news:RGUwb.9265$zJq.633@news01.bloor.is.net.cable. rogers.com...
    > I'm wondering if some Workpad Z50 user(s) could help me with some info...
    >
    > I recently acquire one of these and it didn't come with the serial cable.
    > Now I can sync with the IR port, but I'd like to have the option of using
    > serial... I'm looking for any of the following information:
    >
    > - where to get a serial cable cheaply

    EBay. I found strange stuff for my collection of out of dates handhelds -
    from Sharp HC4600 to Z50 to LX200 to ...

    Ron.

  3. Re: Any Workpad Z50 users?

    Believe me, I've been looking!

    --

    "Ron Loewy" wrote in message

    > "Sebastien B." wrote in message
    > news:RGUwb.9265$zJq.633@news01.bloor.is.net.cable. rogers.com...
    > > I'm wondering if some Workpad Z50 user(s) could help me with some

    info...

    > > I recently acquire one of these and it didn't come with the serial

    cable.
    > > Now I can sync with the IR port, but I'd like to have the option of

    using
    > > serial... I'm looking for any of the following information:
    > >
    > > - where to get a serial cable cheaply

    > EBay. I found strange stuff for my collection of out of dates handhelds -
    > from Sharp HC4600 to Z50 to LX200 to ...
    >
    > Ron.

+ Reply to Thread