PDA for Chess - Handheld

This is a discussion on PDA for Chess - Handheld ; Any suggestions for a PDA for playing chess (ChessTiger, ChessPartner, or ChessGenius)? I'm looking for a big sceen handheld in color, with decent battery life. I will probably not access the internet, but may use some basic functions. I've looked ...

  1. PDA for Chess

    Any suggestions for a PDA for playing chess (ChessTiger,
    ChessPartner, or ChessGenius)? I'm looking for a big sceen handheld
    in color, with decent battery life. I will probably not access the
    internet, but may use some basic functions. I've looked at some
    handhelds, but the screen is too small to see 64 squares clearly.
    Thanks, Ramscape.

  2. Re: PDA for Chess

    Hi
    I have just bought an iPaq 1910. There is a voucher with it it to claim some
    programs and one of them is Kasparov chess. The screen is fantastic and it
    plays a good game of chess. The battery life is not that good, about 4.5
    hours.
    Paul
    "Ramscape" wrote in message
    news:279cfdd9.0311220730.31c3d5a7@posting.google.c om...
    > Any suggestions for a PDA for playing chess (ChessTiger,
    > ChessPartner, or ChessGenius)? I'm looking for a big sceen handheld
    > in color, with decent battery life. I will probably not access the
    > internet, but may use some basic functions. I've looked at some
    > handhelds, but the screen is too small to see 64 squares clearly.
    > Thanks, Ramscape.

  3. Re: PDA for Chess

    Tunsten T3 perhaps? PocketChess and others run fabulously well, and
    oddly, every Palm I've owned turns into a pocket chess player rather
    than being used as a PDA

+ Reply to Thread