Axim email question - Handheld

This is a discussion on Axim email question - Handheld ; Apologies for asking what's probably an annoyingly basic question........ I just bought a Dell Axim X5 and while waiting for it to be delivered, I was wondering how email sending-receiving works when using the sync cable. Can the Axim be ...

  1. Axim email question

    Apologies for asking what's probably an annoyingly basic question........

    I just bought a Dell Axim X5 and while waiting for it to be delivered, I was
    wondering how email sending-receiving works when using the sync cable.

    Can the Axim be set up to use my normal ISP and email address, and if so,
    will "waiting" emails be sent when connected via the sync lead?

    Grateful for any elucidation!

    Tom
    --

  2. Re: Axim email question

    I believe it works this way. Feel free to correct as I have the 3xi
    and not the 5.

    During installation, you select whether to sync up with an Exchange
    mailbox or Outlook. It then uses this configuration to decide what to
    send it through. I have it set up to use Outlook and it sends email as
    soon as it syncs thru my outlook setup account as well as downloads
    all the new stuff in the inbox. So far it seems relatively flawless.
    Even sucks out calendar stuff and To do list!

    You'll love it I'm sure as the rest of us do.

    Good luck,
    Brendan

    "Tom Morgan" wrote in message news:...
    > Apologies for asking what's probably an annoyingly basic question........
    >
    > I just bought a Dell Axim X5 and while waiting for it to be delivered, I was
    > wondering how email sending-receiving works when using the sync cable.
    >
    > Can the Axim be set up to use my normal ISP and email address, and if so,
    > will "waiting" emails be sent when connected via the sync lead?
    >
    > Grateful for any elucidation!
    >
    > Tom
    > --

  3. Re: Axim email question

    "Brendan" wrote in message
    news:65ad7920.0311211502.2d85b070@posting.google.c om...
    > I believe it works this way. Feel free to correct as I have the 3xi
    > and not the 5.
    >
    > During installation, you select whether to sync up with an Exchange
    > mailbox or Outlook. It then uses this configuration to decide what to
    > send it through. I have it set up to use Outlook and it sends email as
    > soon as it syncs thru my outlook setup account as well as downloads
    > all the new stuff in the inbox. So far it seems relatively flawless.
    > Even sucks out calendar stuff and To do list!
    >
    > You'll love it I'm sure as the rest of us do.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Brendan

    Thanks for your help, Brendan. The picture's much clearer now.

    Best wishes -

    Tom

  4. Re: Axim email question

    "Brendan" wrote in message
    news:65ad7920.0311211502.2d85b070@posting.google.c om...
    > I believe it works this way. Feel free to correct as I have the 3xi
    > and not the 5.
    >
    > During installation, you select whether to sync up with an Exchange
    > mailbox or Outlook. It then uses this configuration to decide what to
    > send it through. I have it set up to use Outlook and it sends email as
    > soon as it syncs thru my outlook setup account as well as downloads
    > all the new stuff in the inbox. So far it seems relatively flawless.
    > Even sucks out calendar stuff and To do list!
    >
    > You'll love it I'm sure as the rest of us do.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Brendan

    Thanks for your help, Brendan. The picture's much clearer now.

    Best wishes -

    Tom

+ Reply to Thread