Axim AX5 and Garmin eTrex - Handheld

This is a discussion on Axim AX5 and Garmin eTrex - Handheld ; Hi all, apologies if this question has been answered recently, but I'm a newbie here I'm afraid :-) I am looking to buy an Axim AX5 and was wondering whether anyone might know if I could link it to my ...

  1. Axim AX5 and Garmin eTrex

    Hi all,

    apologies if this question has been answered recently, but I'm a
    newbie here I'm afraid :-)

    I am looking to buy an Axim AX5 and was wondering whether anyone might
    know if I could link it to my Garmin eTrex GPS? I know Dell do GPS
    packages where you buy the software and a custom GPS receiver, but
    that would seem a waste as I've already got the eTrex.

    Many thanks

    Rich

  2. Re: Axim AX5 and Garmin eTrex

    It appears so, with a special cable of some sort. Here is a link I
    found. I have not tried it myself though so good luck!

    http://pc-mobile.net/aximnote.htm
    Brendan

    portbury@waitrose.com wrote in message news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > apologies if this question has been answered recently, but I'm a
    > newbie here I'm afraid :-)
    >
    > I am looking to buy an Axim AX5 and was wondering whether anyone might
    > know if I could link it to my Garmin eTrex GPS? I know Dell do GPS
    > packages where you buy the software and a custom GPS receiver, but
    > that would seem a waste as I've already got the eTrex.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Rich

+ Reply to Thread