Question about Pocket PC's with XScale Processors - Handheld

This is a discussion on Question about Pocket PC's with XScale Processors - Handheld ; Hey everyone, I'm really close on purchasing an ASUS 620. I saw one in person and its really cool. I know it has an XScale processor but I'm wondering if its compatible with programs with MIPS or ARM (?)or SH3 ...

  1. Question about Pocket PC's with XScale Processors

    Hey everyone,

    I'm really close on purchasing an ASUS 620. I saw one in person and its
    really cool. I know it has an XScale processor but I'm wondering if its
    compatible with programs with MIPS or ARM (?)or SH3 cpus. I'm a TOTAL newbie
    in this pocket PC stuff so if this is a painfully stupid question I
    apologize. I want to get Ultima Underworld for it but the CPU needed is
    StrongArm/MIPS. So if the Asus has an XScale CPU do I need to see that a
    game has XScale support or is there more flexibility?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Question about Pocket PC's with XScale Processors

    "Dochuge" wrote in

    > Hey everyone,
    >
    > I'm really close on purchasing an ASUS 620. I saw one in person and
    > its really cool. I know it has an XScale processor but I'm wondering
    > if its compatible with programs with MIPS or ARM (?)or SH3 cpus. I'm a
    > TOTAL newbie in this pocket PC stuff so if this is a painfully stupid
    > question I apologize. I want to get Ultima Underworld for it but the
    > CPU needed is StrongArm/MIPS. So if the Asus has an XScale CPU do I
    > need to see that a game has XScale support or is there more
    > flexibility?

    The XScale CPU is an ARM CPU.

+ Reply to Thread