ASUS A620BT Bluetooth - Handheld

This is a discussion on ASUS A620BT Bluetooth - Handheld ; Hi, Just wondering if anyone knew if a standard bluetooth usb adapter would be sufficient to use this handheld pc on the net, connecting to a pc in the room directly above. Its well within the specified 10metre range but ...

  1. ASUS A620BT Bluetooth

    Hi,

    Just wondering if anyone knew if a standard bluetooth usb adapter
    would be sufficient to use this handheld pc on the net, connecting to
    a pc in the room directly above. Its well within the specified 10metre
    range but with the floor, i'm just not sure. Also would getting a
    higer range usb adapter be any good, or would the hand held just not
    be able to "respond" to the signals at the same distance

    Any information is apreciated

    Thanks

    Adrian

  2. Re: ASUS A620BT Bluetooth

    I just got my A620BT today and a 100 metre USB Bluetooth dongle. I am just
    charging the PDA at the moment. I am hoping to do what you are planning and
    have the Asus connected to the net through bluetooth and my PC's broadband
    connection. Hopefully I will have it set up some time tonight, I will test
    in my bedroom which is the room above where the PC is kept.
    I'll let you know how I get on.

    Cheers.

    "Adrian" wrote in message
    news:83254973.0310300958.32b92585@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wondering if anyone knew if a standard bluetooth usb adapter
    > would be sufficient to use this handheld pc on the net, connecting to
    > a pc in the room directly above. Its well within the specified 10metre
    > range but with the floor, i'm just not sure. Also would getting a
    > higer range usb adapter be any good, or would the hand held just not
    > be able to "respond" to the signals at the same distance
    >
    > Any information is apreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Adrian

  3. Re: ASUS A620BT Bluetooth

    Thanks, i'd aprieciate that. I think i'll be going on sunday to get an
    adapter if it works out

  4. Re: ASUS A620BT Bluetooth

    Works a treat mate, had a few problems with pairing the devices and security
    PIN numbers, but once I sussed it out it was okay.

    Give it a go mate, its well worth it.

    "Adrian" wrote in message
    news:83254973.0310311117.393e882b@posting.google.c om...
    > Thanks, i'd aprieciate that. I think i'll be going on sunday to get an
    > adapter if it works out

  5. Re: ASUS A620BT Bluetooth

    Certainly will, glad i got the bluetooth version now

    Thanks for your help,

    Adrian

+ Reply to Thread