can i use my ipaq as an access point? - Handheld

This is a discussion on can i use my ipaq as an access point? - Handheld ; Hi all mobile users. I was wondering if it would be possible to use my iPAQ 4155 as an 802.11b access point. My iPAQ has ppc 2003 on it. I would like to connect my iPAQ to my windows XP ...

  1. can i use my ipaq as an access point?

    Hi all mobile users.
    I was wondering if it would be possible to use my iPAQ 4155 as an
    802.11b access point. My iPAQ has ppc 2003 on it. I would like to
    connect my iPAQ to my windows XP computer via USB, then use my XP
    system to surf the net through my iPAQ. Thanks for your knowledge.

  2. Re: can i use my ipaq as an access point?

    wrote in message
    > Hi all mobile users.
    > I was wondering if it would be possible to use my iPAQ 4155 as an
    > 802.11b access point. My iPAQ has ppc 2003 on it. I would like to
    > connect my iPAQ to my windows XP computer via USB, then use my XP
    > system to surf the net through my iPAQ. Thanks for your knowledge.

    Yes

    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

  3. Re: can i use my ipaq as an access point?

    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

    well, I tried it, and the cas isn't a valid CE file, and the exe file
    wouldn't go on activesync.

  4. Re: can i use my ipaq as an access point?

    Am 19.10.2008 20:18 schrieb A.N. Onymous Esq:
    > Yes
    >
    > http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

    No. Here are the requirements for WMWifiRouter:

    > To use WMWifiRouter you need the following on your mobile device*:
    >
    > * Windows Mobile 5 AKU 3.3 or newer or Windows Mobile 6
    > * Both a wifi and a cellular data connection
    > * An installed and working version of Internet Sharing**
    > * 15 MB of free device memory
    >
    > * Additional requirements may apply.
    > ** Some providers remove Internet Sharing from their branded devices.

    The OP has an WM2003-device which is too old for WMWifiRouter.
    Additional this device doesn't have the Internet Sharing installed. So
    WMWifiRouter will never work on it.
    Kind regards, Helge

  5. Re: can i use my ipaq as an access point?

    I had a feelling it wouldn't work. Anybody else ever used a ppc2003
    device as an accesspoint?

  6. Re: can i use my ipaq as an access point?

    I had a feelling it wouldn't work. Anybody else ever used a ppc2003
    device as an accesspoint?

  7. Re: can i use my ipaq as an access point?

    I had a feelling it wouldn't work. Anybody else ever used a ppc2003
    device as an accesspoint?

  8. Re: can i use my ipaq as an access point?

    Sorry, you can't - as has also been explained in my related roundup & bible
    ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407563 ), it's only
    starting with WM5 that AP's are supported.

    Make sure you check out my article - for example, if you have a Symbian S60
    phone, you can use it as an AP.

    Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
    Please see the Pocket PC Mag Expert Blog (including mine) at
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ - you will definitely like it.

    wrote in message
    > Hi all mobile users.
    > I was wondering if it would be possible to use my iPAQ 4155 as an
    > 802.11b access point. My iPAQ has ppc 2003 on it. I would like to
    > connect my iPAQ to my windows XP computer via USB, then use my XP
    > system to surf the net through my iPAQ. Thanks for your knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread