Re: Freeware Password App - Handheld

This is a discussion on Re: Freeware Password App - Handheld ; On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:37:40 -0800 (PST), andy M wrote: >Hi all, > >with much sadness I have been forced to retire my PalmOS Clie and move >to an HTC Touch running WM6. I used my palm as a ...

  1. Re: Freeware Password App

    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >with much sadness I have been forced to retire my PalmOS Clie and move
    >to an HTC Touch running WM6. I used my palm as a PDA a lot and im
    >looking to replace some of the functionality I had with WM software.
    >Does anyone have suggestions for:
    >
    >1) A Password safe - Ive been using Zetetic "Strip" which was
    >perfect . I need to be able to store passwords and CC numbers and PINs
    >etc. An accompanying windows desktop app would be cool but not
    >essential

    I'm happy with eWallet. No free, but not very expensive, and you can
    try before you buy. Definitely has a desktop app; in fact, I enter
    data only in the desktop version, and treat my phone copy as
    read-only. See www.handango.com

    clip

    >Preferably free- or cheapware. I would pay for really outstanding
    >apps.
    >
    >Thanks for suggestions.
    >
    >andy M

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com
    Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):

  2. Re: Freeware Password App

    In message
    r_z_aret@pen_fact.com wrote:

    >I'm happy with eWallet. No free, but not very expensive, and you can
    >try before you buy. Definitely has a desktop app; in fact, I enter
    >data only in the desktop version, and treat my phone copy as
    >read-only. See www.handango.com

    It has a surprisingly robust sync mechanism too, including the ability
    to sync multiple sources at once.

    I have my desktop set to sync my PPC, and a location on my internal LAN.
    My laptop syncs that same location on my LAN (but via FTP, rather then a
    file share), but in the event my FTP server is offline, it uses it's own
    internal DB instead.

    This is one of the very few applications that appears to properly sync
    between three or more locations using files as a data transport, rather
    then needing a direct connection between them.

+ Reply to Thread