information on Toshiba 330 ppc - Handheld

This is a discussion on information on Toshiba 330 ppc - Handheld ; Hi all just bought a used Toshiba 330 ppc. i have most of the things that i bought it for up and running. i only have two remaining thing to do with it and I need some help: 1) i ...

  1. information on Toshiba 330 ppc

    Hi all
    just bought a used Toshiba 330 ppc. i have most of the things that i bought
    it for up and running. i only have two remaining thing to do with it and I
    need some help:

    1) i would like to connect to the internet with it and wifi if possible

    2)I would like to play mp3 files but i do not know what kind of memory card
    to use

    can somebody point me to a website with this information or woud have some
    experience in using this pda with the internet? any help will be appreciated

    regards

    --
    9/11/2007 8:03:08 AM
    !****************************************!

  2. Re: information on Toshiba 330 ppc

    This newsgroup is primarily for generic questions. Questions about
    Pocket PCs like yours are more likely to get specific questions if
    asked in a newsgroup for Pocket PPCs. I recommend
    microsoft.public.pocketpc. More below (in line)

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:36:07 -0600, "Headley Sappleton"
    wrote:

    >Hi all
    >just bought a used Toshiba 330 ppc. i have most of the things that i bought
    >it for up and running. i only have two remaining thing to do with it and I
    >need some help:
    >
    >1) i would like to connect to the internet with it and wifi if possible

    Not clear. You can certainly connect via ActiveSync, but that is
    probably not what you want. Toshiba sold a Bluetooth adapter that
    could be used for Ethernet (Internet) connections. The MobileTech
    review (see below) says the SD Card slot supports SDIO, but not WiFi;
    that suggests an SDIO Ethernet card will work, and maybe even an SDIO
    WiFi card made after the review.

    I used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look
    up
    toshiba e330 ethernet
    and got 9 hits. I took a quick look and am not encouraged.

    >2)I would like to play mp3 files but i do not know what kind of memory card
    >to use

    Any SD Card (Secure Digital Card) should work, but it will probably
    only "see" 2 GB.

    >can somebody point me to a website with this information or woud have some
    >experience in using this pda with the internet? any help will be appreciated

    I used google (http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en) to look up
    toshiba e330 review
    and got 38,100 hits (note: using e330 rather than 330 helped greatly).
    I took a quick look and found the following:
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/toshiba_e330.htm

    Chris De Herrera's web site is usually a great source. I went there,
    looked up
    toshiba e330
    and got several hits, including
    http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/bugs/pock...02-toshiba.htm

    The Pocket PC 2002 comparison at DeHerrera's site doesn't include the
    e330. It does include the slower e310:
    http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/30/pp...pc2002comp.htm

    I also used google to look up
    toshiba e330 specifications
    and got 8,990 hits, including
    http://reviews.cnet.com/pdas/toshiba...-20537611.html

    >regards

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com
    Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):