TX, iPac111, or Asus - Handheld

This is a discussion on TX, iPac111, or Asus - Handheld ; Looking for a small transportable WiFi device to connect with at airports, etc. Plan to look at the Asus Eeepc, Palm TX, and the HP iPac 111. Any others? Suggestions? Comments on any of the above? Thanks. PG...

  1. TX, iPac111, or Asus

    Looking for a small transportable WiFi device to connect with at airports,
    etc. Plan to look at the Asus Eeepc, Palm TX, and the HP iPac 111. Any
    others? Suggestions? Comments on any of the above?

    Thanks.

    PG

  2. Re: TX, iPac111, or Asus

    Peter Giotta wrote:
    > Looking for a small transportable WiFi device to connect with at airports,
    > etc. Plan to look at the Asus Eeepc, Palm TX, and the HP iPac 111. Any
    > others? Suggestions? Comments on any of the above?

    > Thanks.

    > PG

    I have been using Nokia N800 for almost a year and it works really well.
    Small, very portable and high resolution screen (800x480). EePC is just
    too big to be a portable and too small to be a laptop replacement. If
    you must a have a built-in keyboard, Nokia N810 is another option. Both
    of these have wifi and bluetooth. Tether them to a bluetooth phone
    with data plan and you can access internet just about anywhere. Both
    have surprisingly good built-in stereo speakers for multipmedia
    playback. Nokia N800 is priced quite attractively at this time ($199-
    $285).

    Khalid Aziz Open Source and Linux Organization
    (970)898-9214 Hewlett-Packard
    khalid.aziz@hp.com Fort Collins, CO

    "The Linux kernel is subject to relentless development"
    - Alessandro Rubini

+ Reply to Thread