TX, iPac111, or Asus - Handheld

This is a discussion on TX, iPac111, or Asus - Handheld ; Looking for a small transportable WiFi device to connect with at airports, etc. Plan to look at the Asus Eeepc, Palm TX, and the HP iPac 111. Any others? Suggestions? Comments on any of the above? Thanks. PG...

  1. TX, iPac111, or Asus

    Looking for a small transportable WiFi device to connect with at airports,
    etc. Plan to look at the Asus Eeepc, Palm TX, and the HP iPac 111. Any
    others? Suggestions? Comments on any of the above?

    Thanks.

    PG

  2. Re: TX, iPac111, or Asus

    I have the Asus, a Palm E2 and an iPAQ 2215. I got the Asus the day it came
    out (Nov. 1st)
    and it's my favorite for on the road web browsing ever since. The iPAQ and
    Palm are both
    nice and a lot smaller than the Asus of course. But the Asus has a keyboard
    and a larger screen.
    Also a much more capable browser. The browsers of the PDAs can't handle many
    of the newer
    fancy websites. In Seattle e.g. I could not buy access time on the
    Bainbridge ferry with my Nokia 770.
    The PDAs could not get the ad for free access at FON spots. The Asus did
    well with the FON spot.
    I didn't get to try the ferry. I used the Asus to access t-mobile hotspots
    both in JFK and Seattle airports.
    The iPAQ and Palm E2 are OK with t-mobile and Wayport hotspots too, but the
    larger screen and the
    keyboard make it worthwhile lugging along the heavier and bulkier Asus Eee
    PC.
    Klaus Ernst NYC

    > Looking for a small transportable WiFi device to connect with at airports,
    > etc. Plan to look at the Asus Eeepc, Palm TX, and the HP iPac 111. Any
    > others? Suggestions? Comments on any of the above?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > PG

+ Reply to Thread