PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2 - Handheld

This is a discussion on PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2 - Handheld ; found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance) about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the pipeline http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445 quote: "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future devices ...

  1. PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    pipeline

    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445

    quote:

    "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

  2. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On 19 Sep, 09:27, AirRaid wrote:
    > found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    > about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    > pipeline
    >
    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445
    >
    > quote:
    >
    > "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    > devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    > that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

    We probably will be up to Xbox 5000 by the time Sony pull thier finger
    out to release another POS.

  3. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    In article <1190200642.073686.291910@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    jeremiebanks@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

    > On 19 Sep, 09:27, AirRaid wrote:
    > > found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    > > about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    > > pipeline
    > >
    > > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445
    > >
    > > quote:
    > >
    > > "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    > > devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    > > that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

    > We probably will be up to Xbox 5000 by the time Sony pull thier finger
    > out to release another POS.

    Yeah, Sony has been pretty reluctant to release POS's lately.

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  4. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    AirRaid wrote:
    > found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    > about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    > pipeline
    >
    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445
    >
    > quote:
    >
    > "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    > devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    > that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

    ****ing grow up.

    I guess you also believe all those movies that showed flying cars in the
    future?

    you can take off your Spock ears now.

    mk

  5. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On 19 Sep, 13:05, Sandman wrote:
    > In article <1190200642.073686.291...@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    >

    > jeremieba...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > > On 19 Sep, 09:27, AirRaid wrote:
    > > > found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    > > > about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    > > > pipeline

    > > >http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445

    > > > quote:

    > > > "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    > > > devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    > > > that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

    > > We probably will be up to Xbox 5000 by the time Sony pull thier finger
    > > out to release another POS.

    > Yeah, Sony has been pretty reluctant to release POS's lately.

    You've forgotten already how late the PS3 was? Not to mention how
    underpowered it was compared to the fictional machine the Sony
    publicity machine was whoring.

  6. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On Sep 19, 1:27 am, AirRaid wrote:
    > found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    > about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    > pipeline
    >
    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445
    >
    > quote:
    >
    > "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    > devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    > that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

    I don't know why they're putting the iPhone 2 in the same category.
    We'll get that next year. The PS4 and Xbox(xxx) are years away.

    - Jordan

  7. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On Sep 19, 8:54 am, Jordan wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 1:27 am, AirRaid wrote:
    >
    > > found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    > > about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    > > pipeline

    > >http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445

    > > quote:

    > > "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    > > devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    > > that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

    > I don't know why they're putting the iPhone 2 in the same category.
    > We'll get that next year. The PS4 and Xbox(xxx) are years away.
    >
    > - Jordan

    Especially considering the PS3rd place is a ten year machine.

  8. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On Sep 19, 8:13 am, mikel68 wrote:
    > AirRaid wrote:
    > > found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    > > about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    > > pipeline

    > >http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445

    > > quote:

    > > "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    > > devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    > > that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

    > ****ing grow up.
    >
    > I guess you also believe all those movies that showed flying cars in the
    > future?
    >
    > you can take off your Spock ears now.

    add one more usenet poster to the big book of those that have zero
    understanding of sarcasm

  9. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    In article <1190210006.702238.295370@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>,

    > > > We probably will be up to Xbox 5000 by the time Sony pull thier finger
    > > > out to release another POS.

    > > Yeah, Sony has been pretty reluctant to release POS's lately.

    > You've forgotten already how late the PS3 was?

    Whatever that has to do with it not being a POS

    > Not to mention how underpowered it was compared to the fictional
    > machine the Sony publicity machine was whoring.

    Haha, hilarious! "Underpowered"!

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  10. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On Sep 19, 9:58 am, wadner wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 8:54 am, Jordan wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 19, 1:27 am, AirRaid wrote:

    > > > found a cute little blurb (though one that lacks any real substance)
    > > > about some of the expected next-generation machines that are in the
    > > > pipeline

    > > >http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28445

    > > > quote:

    > > > "what will the PS4, Xbox 5000 and iPhone 2 bring? All these future
    > > > devices will be complete home and mobile entertainment supercomputers
    > > > that represent technology beyond anything we've ever experienced."

    > > I don't know why they're putting the iPhone 2 in the same category.
    > > We'll get that next year. The PS4 and Xbox(xxx) are years away.

    > > - Jordan

    > Especially considering the PS3rd place is a ten year machine.

    PS1 was a 10 year machine, but PS2 came out 6-7 years into PS1's
    lifecycle. PS2 is also a 10 year machine, but PS3 came out 6 years
    into PS2's lifecycle. it won't be much different with PS4, it'll be
    out 6-7 years into PS3's life.

  11. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 mikel68 wrote:
    > I guess you also believe all those movies that showed flying cars in the
    > future?

    What, you never saw that commecial with Avery Brooks walking around saying
    "I was promised flying cars. Where Is My Flying Car?"

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.

  12. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On Sep 19, 9:49 pm, Sandman wrote:

    > > > Yeah, Sony has been pretty reluctant to release POS's lately.

    > > You've forgotten already how late the PS3 was?

    > Whatever that has to do with it not being a POS
    >
    > > Not to mention how underpowered it was compared to the fictional
    > > machine the Sony publicity machine was whoring.

    > Haha, hilarious! "Underpowered"!

    Yes, I imagine it would be funny. If you hadn't forked out for one.

  13. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On Sep 19, 6:11 pm, Doug Jacobs wrote:
    > In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 mikel68 wrote:
    >
    > > I guess you also believe all those movies that showed flying cars in the
    > > future?

    > What, you never saw that commecial with Avery Brooks walking around saying
    > "I was promised flying cars. Where Is My Flying Car?"

    Great ad...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrFgRAcr0jg

    "Where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars!"

    I still think these are the best though...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNVE59GJ9xM

    - Jordan

  14. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    In article <1190269005.701824.8470@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups.co m>,
    jeremiebanks@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

    > On Sep 19, 9:49 pm, Sandman wrote:

    > > > You've forgotten already how late the PS3 was?

    > > Whatever that has to do with it not being a POS
    > >
    > > > Not to mention how underpowered it was compared to the fictional
    > > > machine the Sony publicity machine was whoring.

    > > Haha, hilarious! "Underpowered"!

    > Yes, I imagine it would be funny. If you hadn't forked out for one.

    Obviously I have a PS3. It's awesome. Only someone not having used it
    would call it "underpowered" Haha!

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  15. Re: PS4 - Xbox 5000 - iPhone 2

    On 20 Sep, 07:32, Sandman wrote:
    > In article <1190269005.701824.8...@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups.co m>,
    >

    > jeremieba...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > > On Sep 19, 9:49 pm, Sandman wrote:

    > > > Whatever that has to do with it not being a POS

    > > > Haha, hilarious! "Underpowered"!

    > > Yes, I imagine it would be funny. If you hadn't forked out for one.

    > Obviously I have a PS3. It's awesome. Only someone not having used it
    > would call it "underpowered" Haha!

    I've played on the PS3, before my friend realised he'd dropped 400 on
    a glorified Blu-Ray player and sold it, that is.

+ Reply to Thread