Quick Install "work-around" for Vista doesn't work - Handheld

This is a discussion on Quick Install "work-around" for Vista doesn't work - Handheld ; After being forced to switch to Windows Vista, I found that it wouldn't work with Quick Install to install e-books or programs on my Palm Tungsten E2. Not being set up for wireless, I copied a .pdb book to an ...

  1. Quick Install "work-around" for Vista doesn't work

    After being forced to switch to Windows Vista, I found that it
    wouldn't work with Quick Install to install e-books or programs on my
    Palm Tungsten E2.

    Not being set up for wireless, I copied a .pdb book to an SD card and
    put it into the expansion slot on the handheld. Though my computer
    shows several files on the card, only a blank screen appears under
    "card" on my Tungsten E2; when I select "card" under "copy from," all
    that appears is (23M Free). Reformatting the card and trying again
    had no effect. "Card Info" shows "416.0 kb used" but no file names.

    Can anyone advise me how to get e-books onto my handheld now that I'm
    stuck with Vista?

  2. Re: Quick Install "work-around" for Vista doesn't work

    Visit Palm:

    Or download the new Palm Desktop for Vista:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/windo...a/#palmdesktop

    Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

    wrote in message
    news:1190121500.416218.238300@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > After being forced to switch to Windows Vista, I found that it
    > wouldn't work with Quick Install to install e-books or programs on my
    > Palm Tungsten E2.
    >
    > Not being set up for wireless, I copied a .pdb book to an SD card and
    > put it into the expansion slot on the handheld. Though my computer
    > shows several files on the card, only a blank screen appears under
    > "card" on my Tungsten E2; when I select "card" under "copy from," all
    > that appears is (23M Free). Reformatting the card and trying again
    > had no effect. "Card Info" shows "416.0 kb used" but no file names.
    >
    > Can anyone advise me how to get e-books onto my handheld now that I'm
    > stuck with Vista?

+ Reply to Thread