HP Jornada 560 touchscreen - Handheld

This is a discussion on HP Jornada 560 touchscreen - Handheld ; Hi, A need to cleanup my HP Jornada touch screen led me to use an alcohol based liquid to wipe the screen. However, some liquid magically seems to have entered inside the screen and it no longer responds to my ...

  1. HP Jornada 560 touchscreen

    Hi,
    A need to cleanup my HP Jornada touch screen led me to use an alcohol
    based liquid to wipe the screen. However, some liquid magically seems
    to have entered inside the screen and it no longer responds to my
    stylus. Are there any solutions to this problem?
    Thanks, Trevor.

  2. Re: HP Jornada 560 touchscreen

    Trevor L. wrote:
    > Hi,
    > A need to cleanup my HP Jornada touch screen led me to use an alcohol
    > based liquid to wipe the screen. However, some liquid magically seems
    > to have entered inside the screen and it no longer responds to my
    > stylus. Are there any solutions to this problem?
    > Thanks, Trevor.

    I clean 'em all the time with alcohol. Never had a problem.
    The other stuff in the mix is probably a worse problem.
    If you can see the liquid in there, you're probably hozed.
    Even if the alcohol evaporates, whatever's left will be a problem.

    I once tried to fix a touch screen conductor with conductive paint.
    Capillary action sucked the silver paint all the way to the center of
    the screen. Game over! But I was inside the case messing around with
    the touchscreen where the glass contacts the plastic.

    Put it in a warm place and hope it dries out. I wouldn't turn it on.
    Anywhere you have electricity and an electrolyte, you're gonna get
    undesired reactions.

    If you have access to a vacuum chamber, that might help speed the
    process...but might adversely affect something else.
    mike

    --
    Return address is VALID!

  3. Re: HP Jornada 560 touchscreen

    On Sep 16, 4:27 pm, mike wrote:
    > Trevor L. wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > A need to cleanup my HP Jornada touch screen led me to use an alcohol
    > > based liquid to wipe the screen. However, some liquid magically seems
    > > to have entered inside the screen and it no longer responds to my
    > > stylus. Are there any solutions to this problem?
    > > Thanks, Trevor.

    > I clean 'em all the time with alcohol. Never had a problem.
    > The other stuff in the mix is probably a worse problem.
    > If you can see the liquid in there, you're probably hozed.
    > Even if the alcohol evaporates, whatever's left will be a problem.
    >
    > I once tried to fix a touch screen conductor with conductive paint.
    > Capillary action sucked the silver paint all the way to the center of
    > the screen. Game over! But I was inside the case messing around with
    > the touchscreen where the glass contacts the plastic.
    >
    > Put it in a warm place and hope it dries out. I wouldn't turn it on.
    > Anywhere you have electricity and an electrolyte, you're gonna get
    > undesired reactions.
    >
    > If you have access to a vacuum chamber, that might help speed the
    > process...but might adversely affect something else.
    > mike
    >
    > --
    > Return address is VALID!

    ok thank you
    i tried heating the screen up with the exhaust from my laptop (pretty
    warm) and it seems to have made the blob larger, but the good news is
    it looks like its getting smaller. I just hope I can still use it
    after its all gone, I dont think ill mind if it leaves behind a weird
    shadow, just as long as I can get past the 'Align Stylus' screen and
    get my work done

+ Reply to Thread