enabling recycling bin for compact flash cards? - Handheld

This is a discussion on enabling recycling bin for compact flash cards? - Handheld ; I have a compact flash card which has no icon for recycling bin in Explorer. I could swear I have seen other CF cards that do have a recycling bin. It has never really mattered in the past because I ...

  1. enabling recycling bin for compact flash cards?

    I have a compact flash card which has no icon for recycling bin in
    Explorer. I could swear I have seen other CF cards that do have a
    recycling bin. It has never really mattered in the past because I just
    use the cards to transfer files but I am curious - is this something
    that can be enabled when you first format the card? If so how?

  2. Re: enabling recycling bin for compact flash cards?

    wrote in message
    news:1188417210.651058.199810@r29g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have a compact flash card which has no icon for recycling bin in
    > Explorer. I could swear I have seen other CF cards that do have a
    > recycling bin. It has never really mattered in the past because I just
    > use the cards to transfer files but I am curious - is this something
    > that can be enabled when you first format the card? If so how?

    This might be what you are looking for? Right Click Recycle
    Bin\Properties. On the Global tab you will see "Configure Drives
    Independently" and "Use one setting for all drives." Hope this helps.
    --
    Cajunswabbie
    U.S.N, Retired

  3. Re: enabling recycling bin for compact flash cards?

    removable drives dont usually have recycle bins

    floppy and flash drives dont have them

    "Cajunswabbie" wrote in message

    > wrote in message
    > news:1188417210.651058.199810@r29g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    >>I have a compact flash card which has no icon for recycling bin in
    >> Explorer. I could swear I have seen other CF cards that do have a
    >> recycling bin. It has never really mattered in the past because I just
    >> use the cards to transfer files but I am curious - is this something
    >> that can be enabled when you first format the card? If so how?
    >>

    > This might be what you are looking for? Right Click Recycle
    > Bin\Properties. On the Global tab you will see "Configure Drives
    > Independently" and "Use one setting for all drives." Hope this helps.
    > --
    > Cajunswabbie
    > U.S.N, Retired

  4. Re: enabling recycling bin for compact flash cards?

    imho, In addition, they tend to be a pita on memory cards since they
    don't get "emptied" which often results in a full card with almost no
    visible files which (sometimes) can only be addressed using the command
    prompt and "ATTRIB" to expose the directory and delete it.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

  5. Re: enabling recycling bin for compact flash cards?

    Or, chkdsk /f.

    Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
    Please see the Pocket PC Mag Expert Blog (including mine) at
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ - you will definitely like it.

    "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote in
    message news:%23ZMPpoq6HHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
    > imho, In addition, they tend to be a pita on memory cards since they don't
    > get "emptied" which often results in a full card with almost no visible
    > files which (sometimes) can only be addressed using the command prompt and
    > "ATTRIB" to expose the directory and delete it.
    >
    > Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

  6. Re: enabling recycling bin for compact flash cards?

    If you need recycle bins on your PDA, use Resco File Explorer. They have
    introduced this feature about 1.5 years ago.

    wrote in message
    news:1188417210.651058.199810@r29g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have a compact flash card which has no icon for recycling bin in
    > Explorer. I could swear I have seen other CF cards that do have a
    > recycling bin. It has never really mattered in the past because I just
    > use the cards to transfer files but I am curious - is this something
    > that can be enabled when you first format the card? If so how?

+ Reply to Thread