General handheld tutorials, recommendations, a FAQ? - Handheld

This is a discussion on General handheld tutorials, recommendations, a FAQ? - Handheld ; I am totally new to handhelds, but I am looking for one. I am not totally sure what I want though, but I was hoping for something that did not run Windows Mobile, and I have heard that iPaqs may ...

  1. General handheld tutorials, recommendations, a FAQ?

    I am totally new to handhelds, but I am looking for one. I am not totally
    sure what I want though, but I was hoping for something that did not run
    Windows Mobile, and I have heard that iPaqs may not be the best choice for
    a first time handheld device.

    So are there any tutorials on what to look for? Recommendations? Is there
    a group FAQ?

    I did search the archives and only found "pdaash" and "zauraus." The first
    of which has gone the way of the link engine and the other is device-
    specific.

    --
    -Lost
    Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am kidding.

  2. Re: General handheld tutorials, recommendations, a FAQ?

    My IPAQ runs Windows Mobile....

    "-Lost" wrote in message
    >I am totally new to handhelds, but I am looking for one. I am not totally
    > sure what I want though, but I was hoping for something that did not run
    > Windows Mobile, and I have heard that iPaqs may not be the best choice for
    > a first time handheld device.
    >
    > So are there any tutorials on what to look for? Recommendations? Is
    > there
    > a group FAQ?
    >
    > I did search the archives and only found "pdaash" and "zauraus." The
    > first
    > of which has gone the way of the link engine and the other is device-
    > specific.
    >
    > --
    > -Lost
    > kidding.