ipaq 1910 pocket pc problems - Handheld

This is a discussion on ipaq 1910 pocket pc problems - Handheld ; I download the programs, such as MS Reader, Windows Media Player for PPC, Transcriber, etc. to my PC, but when I copy and paste the program to the ipaq 1910 it is somehow converted so it doesn't run when double ...

  1. ipaq 1910 pocket pc problems

    I download the programs, such as MS Reader, Windows Media Player for
    PPC, Transcriber, etc. to my PC, but when I copy and paste the program
    to the ipaq 1910 it is somehow converted so it doesn't run when double
    clicked from the ipaq. It just displays properties information. It
    will run on the PC itself but doesn't sync at all with the ipaq.

    Anyone with advice?

    Thanks

    Bruce

  2. Re: ipaq 1910 pocket pc problems

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:02:03 -0700, elmernewjersey@gmail.com wrote:

    >I download the programs, such as MS Reader, Windows Media Player for
    >PPC, Transcriber, etc. to my PC, but when I copy and paste the program
    >to the ipaq 1910 it is somehow converted so it doesn't run when double
    >clicked from the ipaq. It just displays properties information. It
    >will run on the PC itself but doesn't sync at all with the ipaq.
    >
    >Anyone with advice?

    This newsgroup is primarily for Handheld PCs, which are no longer
    made. Questions about Pocket PCs are more likely to get useful answers
    in microsoft.public.pocketpc.

    Many (probably most) programs for PPCs are installed by running an
    installation program on the attached PC. My hunch is you copied an
    installation program to your PPC, and that won't work.

    What do you mean by "It" in the last sentence. If you are trying to
    run the same executable on both your PC and your iPAQ, that won't
    work.

    Use single click, not double click, to start applications on a ppc.

    >Thanks
    >
    >Bruce

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.