Need simple/sample software for Symbol PDT3100 - Handheld

This is a discussion on Need simple/sample software for Symbol PDT3100 - Handheld ; I need some basic software for a Symbol PDT3100 to enable and test the built-in barcode scanner, any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Right now there's no software installed on it (just DOS, I think) and the scanner doesn't scan. ...

  1. Need simple/sample software for Symbol PDT3100

    I need some basic software for a Symbol PDT3100 to enable and test the
    built-in barcode scanner, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    Right now there's no software installed on it (just DOS, I think) and
    the scanner doesn't scan. I assume that is by design?

  2. Re: Need simple/sample software for Symbol PDT3100

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:26:54 -0700, pooper wrote:

    >I need some basic software for a Symbol PDT3100 to enable and test the
    >built-in barcode scanner, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    >Right now there's no software installed on it (just DOS, I think) and
    >the scanner doesn't scan. I assume that is by design?

    I can't help much. But I did find a description of the scanner that
    says it runs/ran 16 bit DOS. If you can find an SDK (Software
    Development Kit) for it, that might include samples.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116