LCD screen for HP LX200 Palmtop - Handheld

This is a discussion on LCD screen for HP LX200 Palmtop - Handheld ; Hi The LCD screen on my ole palm top started turning black and flaky in the middle and even secretes some sort of liquid.. I think its safe to say its gone. Anyone has any idea if this screen can ...

  1. LCD screen for HP LX200 Palmtop

    Hi
    The LCD screen on my ole palm top started turning black and flaky in the
    middle and even secretes some sort of liquid..
    I think its safe to say its gone. Anyone has any idea if this screen can be
    changed easily by myself and where I can find an online shop that sells and
    delivers the LCD screen overseas? I called HP and they told me the product
    has reached end of support, so they can't fix it. I don't use it anymore but
    would like to keep it working if possible for sentimental reasons..heh
    heh..plus I managed to get Koei Bandit to play on it! :-).
    Appreciate the assistance.

    --
    Please delete "abc-" from my email address when replying.
    Thanks

  2. Re: LCD screen for HP LX200 Palmtop

    http://www.200lx.com/ (Thaddeus) undertake repairs, they're probably the
    best place to start other than eBay.

    Chris Tilley
    HPC:Factor

    "RSKT" wrote in message
    > Hi
    > The LCD screen on my ole palm top started turning black and flaky in the
    > middle and even secretes some sort of liquid..
    > I think its safe to say its gone. Anyone has any idea if this screen can
    > be changed easily by myself and where I can find an online shop that sells
    > and delivers the LCD screen overseas? I called HP and they told me the
    > product has reached end of support, so they can't fix it. I don't use it
    > anymore but would like to keep it working if possible for sentimental
    > reasons..heh heh..plus I managed to get Koei Bandit to play on it! :-).
    > Appreciate the assistance.
    >
    > --
    > Please delete "abc-" from my email address when replying.
    > Thanks

  3. Re: LCD screen for HP LX200 Palmtop

    RSKT wrote:
    > Hi
    > The LCD screen on my ole palm top started turning black and flaky in the
    > middle and even secretes some sort of liquid..
    > I think its safe to say its gone. Anyone has any idea if this screen can be
    > changed easily by myself and where I can find an online shop that sells and
    > delivers the LCD screen overseas? I called HP and they told me the product
    > has reached end of support, so they can't fix it. I don't use it anymore but
    > would like to keep it working if possible for sentimental reasons..heh
    > heh..plus I managed to get Koei Bandit to play on it! :-).
    > Appreciate the assistance.

    I have a Hitachi LMG6780XNFR display module.
    It's the same physical size as the 95/100/200 displays.
    But not sure which one it fits. Came from HP Corvallis.
    Check your numbers
    and make me an offer.
    mike

    --
    Return address is VALID!
    Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale Here:

  4. Re: LCD screen for HP LX200 Palmtop

    In article ,
    "Chris Tilley - HPC:Factor" wrote:

    > http://www.200lx.com/ (Thaddeus) undertake repairs, they're probably the
    > best place to start other than eBay.
    >
    > Chris Tilley
    > HPC:Factor

    What if he lacks the funds to pay for the repair Tilley? Why not buy a
    cheaper unit on ebay? I bought a 200LX on ebay for $40 once.

    John
    --
    Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death,
    but the gift of God is eternal life

+ Reply to Thread