U.S. Nintendo DS Opera web browser details - Handheld

This is a discussion on U.S. Nintendo DS Opera web browser details - Handheld ; Release: June 7th, 2007 Price: $34.99 The DS Lite Web Browser includes a DS Lite Memory Expansion Pak and is only compatible with the DS Lite system. It will not work with the original Nintendo DS. With the Nintendo DS ...

  1. U.S. Nintendo DS Opera web browser details

    Release: June 7th, 2007
    Price: $34.99

    The DS Lite Web Browser includes a DS Lite Memory Expansion Pak and is
    only compatible with the DS Lite system. It will not work with the
    original Nintendo DS.

    With the Nintendo DS Browser, anyone can enjoy quick, easy and
    portable access to the World Wide Web on the DS Lite. Featuring the
    Opera browser, the Nintendo DS Browser offers full-featured web
    browsing, incorporating Flash and Javascript support. Users can
    streamline their experience, enabling or disabling images to determine
    how quickly web pages load and altering on-screen presentation to
    preserve the original page's layout or to maximize the screen space
    and readability on the DS screens. The Nintendo DS Browser uses the DS
    Lite's Wi-Fi connection to take you online through your wireless home
    internet connection or through any supported hot-spot access point.

  2. Re: U.S. Nintendo DS Opera web browser details

    "Sprite Scaler" wrote in message
    news:1177267309.837855.276530@y5g2000hsa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Release: June 7th, 2007
    > Price: $34.99
    >
    > The DS Lite Web Browser includes a DS Lite Memory Expansion Pak and is
    > only compatible with the DS Lite system. It will not work with the
    > original Nintendo DS.
    >
    > With the Nintendo DS Browser, anyone can enjoy quick, easy and
    > portable access to the World Wide Web on the DS Lite. Featuring the
    > Opera browser, the Nintendo DS Browser offers full-featured web
    > browsing, incorporating Flash and Javascript support. Users can
    > streamline their experience, enabling or disabling images to determine
    > how quickly web pages load and altering on-screen presentation to
    > preserve the original page's layout or to maximize the screen space
    > and readability on the DS screens. The Nintendo DS Browser uses the DS
    > Lite's Wi-Fi connection to take you online through your wireless home
    > internet connection or through any supported hot-spot access point.

    $35?? Are they insane?

  3. Re: U.S. Nintendo DS Opera web browser details

    Sprite Scaler wrote:

    > Release: June 7th, 2007
    > Price: $34.99
    >
    > The DS Lite Web Browser includes a DS Lite Memory Expansion Pak and is
    > only compatible with the DS Lite system. It will not work with the
    > original Nintendo DS.
    >...Featuring the
    > Opera browser, the Nintendo DS Browser offers full-featured web
    > browsing, incorporating Flash and Javascript support.

    I couldn't wait and bought a Japanese import for my DS. Good thing, I
    suppose, because I don't have a DS lite. It doesn't have Flash.

    I find that going to "simpler" web sites intended for mobile devices
    makes this a delight. I can have the local weather up from power up in
    20 seconds. Normal weather channel takes about 2-3 minutes. Within a
    minute, I can bring up "mobile" sports scores.

    The place to go is http://wapreview.com/ . Use the html/xhtml sites, not
    the wml sites.

    I find that the DS will often become unable to find web sites and I must
    disconnect and re-connect to WiFi.

    Visit my web page at http://mywebpage.netscape.com/DaDinck/

+ Reply to Thread