IPAQ went DEAD !!! - Handheld

This is a discussion on IPAQ went DEAD !!! - Handheld ; HELP...my IPAQ 1940...just gave a little chime sound, then when i looked at it...the screen was black...and now it's DEAD ! Tried rebooting it...but no go...WHAT to do ????? cheers, Hi-Soft...

  1. IPAQ went DEAD !!!

    HELP...my IPAQ 1940...just gave a little chime sound, then when i looked at
    it...the screen was black...and now it's DEAD !

    Tried rebooting it...but no go...WHAT to do ?????

    cheers,
    Hi-Soft

  2. Re: IPAQ went DEAD !!!

    On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:51:39 +1000, "Hi-Soft"
    wrote:

    >HELP...my IPAQ 1940...just gave a little chime sound, then when i looked at
    >it...the screen was black...and now it's DEAD !
    >
    >Tried rebooting it...but no go...WHAT to do ?????

    Do you want a replacement? Do you want to try to get yours working? Do
    you want to recover files?

    I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
    look up
    dead ipaq 1940
    and got 28 hits. I took a quick look and could see at least a few that
    looked relevant and had multiple replies; I didn't check whether they
    might actually be useful. If nothing else, you'll get hints for a more
    relevant newsgroup.

    >cheers,
    >Hi-Soft

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: IPAQ went DEAD !!!

    yeah...thanks for...I did have a quick google...but it was mainly links to
    forums...and then there was a lot of just general chit chat...so I thought
    I'd try the direct approach in here... I'll have another look through
    anyway..

    I think...from reading a few forum posts though... it could just be I need a
    new battery ( hope so )..

    The data recovery isn't that urgent...since it was just syncing to my
    desktop PC...so everything is still on that... apart from a few ipaq
    settings etc..

    Looks like batteries are only around $20...but was hoping to find one
    locally in a store that i could buy sooner that waiting for delivery...

    Trying to find a simple answer like where a parts store is..on the HP
    site... is more challenging than one would think...

    --

    cheers,

    Brian Canham
    wrote in message
    > On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:51:39 +1000, "Hi-Soft"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>HELP...my IPAQ 1940...just gave a little chime sound, then when i looked
    >>at
    >>it...the screen was black...and now it's DEAD !
    >>
    >>Tried rebooting it...but no go...WHAT to do ?????

    > Do you want a replacement? Do you want to try to get yours working? Do
    > you want to recover files?
    >
    > I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
    > look up
    > dead ipaq 1940
    > and got 28 hits. I took a quick look and could see at least a few that
    > looked relevant and had multiple replies; I didn't check whether they
    > might actually be useful. If nothing else, you'll get hints for a more
    > relevant newsgroup.
    >

    >>cheers,
    >>Hi-Soft

    > To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and
    > please indicate which newsgroup and message).
    >
    > Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    > PenFact, Inc.
    > 20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    > Boston, MA 02116