Ipaq 5500 with Vista - How ? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Ipaq 5500 with Vista - How ? - Handheld ; Hello all (first post), Just upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64-bit version. The Mobile Device Centre in Vista cannot see my fairly elderly IPAQ 5500 device attached in its USB cradle. Having looked at the MS Mobile Device Centre website I ...

  1. Ipaq 5500 with Vista - How ?

    Hello all (first post),

    Just upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64-bit version.

    The Mobile Device Centre in Vista cannot see my fairly elderly IPAQ 5500
    device attached in its USB cradle.

    Having looked at the MS Mobile Device Centre website I guess its because
    Vista only sees devices running windows mobile 2003 or later. My IPAQ runs
    Pocket PC 2003 Premium so I guess this is the reason.

    As I understand that this IPAQ will not upgrade any further, is there any
    workaround or am I stuck with having to use the IPAQ with an old XP machine
    ?

    Any ideas ?

  2. Re: Ipaq 5500 with Vista - How ?

    A M Moore schrieb:
    > Hello all (first post),
    >
    > Just upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64-bit version.
    >
    > The Mobile Device Centre in Vista cannot see my fairly elderly IPAQ 5500
    > device attached in its USB cradle.
    >
    > Having looked at the MS Mobile Device Centre website I guess its because
    > Vista only sees devices running windows mobile 2003 or later. My IPAQ
    > runs Pocket PC 2003 Premium so I guess this is the reason.
    >
    > As I understand that this IPAQ will not upgrade any further, is there
    > any workaround or am I stuck with having to use the IPAQ with an old XP
    > machine ?
    >
    > Any ideas ?

    Why don't you ask this at the HP support chat?

    Greetings

    Markus

+ Reply to Thread