Little Asterisk? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Little Asterisk? - Handheld ; I have an intermittent and sometimes permanent "little asterisk" in the bottom left hand corner of my HP-12c window. It seems to show when I press a button but then it stays sometimes for a while. Anyone know how to ...

  1. Little Asterisk?

    I have an intermittent and sometimes permanent "little asterisk" in
    the bottom left hand corner of my HP-12c window.
    It seems to show when I press a button but then it stays sometimes for
    a while.
    Anyone know how to make it go away?
    Is it a battery low indicator?
    I don't have my manual handy.....buried somwhere......

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Little Asterisk?

    In article <1173138464.533743.319790@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups. com>,
    wrote:
    > I have an intermittent and sometimes permanent "little asterisk" in
    > the bottom left hand corner of my HP-12c window. It seems to show
    > when I press a button but then it stays sometimes for a while.
    > Anyone know how to make it go away? Is it a battery low indicator?

    Yes, low battery indicator.

    Mark Geary
    --
    Don't forget to stop and eat the roses.

  3. Re: Little Asterisk?

    On Mar 5, 5:35 pm, g...@fnord.io.com (Mark Geary) wrote:
    > In article <1173138464.533743.319...@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups. com>,
    >
    > wrote:
    > > I have an intermittent and sometimes permanent "little asterisk" in
    > > the bottom left hand corner of my HP-12c window. It seems to show
    > > when I press a button but then it stays sometimes for a while.
    > > Anyone know how to make it go away? Is it a battery low indicator?

    > Yes, low battery indicator.

    Cool.
    Been years since they needed a change.
    Thanks.