Re: Why Linux is too bad to use - Handheld

This is a discussion on Re: Why Linux is too bad to use - Handheld ; Interesting since you are evidently scared spitless that Linux will succeed - else why the posting in COLA....

  1. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    Interesting since you are evidently scared spitless that Linux will
    succeed - else why the posting in COLA.

  2. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    VistaEra did eloquently scribble:

    > "ray" wrote
    >> Interesting since you are evidently scared spitless that Linux will
    >> succeed - else why the posting in COLA.

    > Actually I would like to see Linux succeed, I have no love of Microsoft or
    > fondness for XP or Vista.

    Yeah,riiiight... Hence the username.
    Notice you didn't dispute anything I said in reply.

  3. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:32:47 -0500, VistaEra wrote:

    > "ray" wrote
    >> Interesting since you are evidently scared spitless that Linux will
    >> succeed - else why the posting in COLA.

    > Actually I would like to see Linux succeed, I have no love of Microsoft or
    > fondness for XP or Vista.
    >
    > Linux as it stands however can not compete, and Linux the way it is going
    > will always be the wet pile of **** that it is.
    >
    > Fix it or die.

    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. At the risk of repeating myself, again: I
    installed Linux on the internet computer at the local library over two
    years ago. To date: zero complaints. People use it. They have adjusted
    instantly and it does what they need.

  4. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    __/ [ ray ] on Tuesday 06 February 2007 18:24 \__

    > On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:32:47 -0500, VistaEra wrote:
    >

    >> "ray" wrote
    >>> Interesting since you are evidently scared spitless that Linux will
    >>> succeed - else why the posting in COLA.

    >> Actually I would like to see Linux succeed, I have no love of Microsoft
    >> or
    >> fondness for XP or Vista.
    >>
    >> Linux as it stands however can not compete, and Linux the way it is
    >> going
    >> will always be the wet pile of **** that it is.
    >>
    >> Fix it or die.

    > If it ain't broke, don't fix it. At the risk of repeating myself, again: I
    > installed Linux on the internet computer at the local library over two
    > years ago. To date: zero complaints. People use it. They have adjusted
    > instantly and it does what they need.

    Same here. 3.5 years.

  5. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    VistaEra did eloquently scribble:
    > wrote
    >> Notice you didn't dispute anything I said in reply.

    > My eyes are tired and your "points" are soo stupid.

    If you wish to claim any of my points are "stupid"...

    > Must I?

    Then yes.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  6. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    VistaEra did eloquently scribble:

    > "ray" wrote
    >> If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    > Over 2 dozen Linux installs, and none work.

    Then you're very very stupid.

  7. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    VistaEra did eloquently scribble:

    > wrote
    >> If you wish to claim any of my points are "stupid"...

    > In the 10 minutes I've used it (knoppix) here is what I've found.

    > 1. It displays 3 extra CD icons on the desktop (only 1 is installed and
    > empty)
    > 2. It displays 1 extra HD icon on the desktop (only 1 is installed)

    You're blaming knoppix for your own stupidity?
    the icons for hard drives aren't. They're partitions.

    > 3. Attempting to drag the unused icons to the trash fails.

    knoppix is on CDROM, you can't alter the contents of a CDROM. Didn't you know
    that?

    > 4. Attempting to setup the network returns with "su exited with error"
    > 5. Attempting to log on as root is not permitted.

    Yes it is.

    > 6. Sound mixer doesn't work properly

    Ah diddums

    > So basically, it's unusable crap, like every other version of Linux.....

    Rubbish, as usual.

    Now go back and argue with the points *I* made... Let's see how stupid you
    can really get.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  8. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    At 06 Feb 2007 16:24:58 -0500 VistaEra wrote:

    > In the 10 minutes I've used it (knoppix) here is what I've found.

    I'm not Linux guru by any strech of the imagination, but is it possible
    you just don't know what you're doing?

    For example, you're posting these insipid rants to the Microsoft Pocket
    PC newsgroup where they're pretty far off topic. Perhaps if you can't
    quite work a Usenet newsreader, Linux might be beyond your skillset as
    well?

    > So basically, it's unusable crap, like every other version of

    Linux.....

    Or your PC's hardware, which was undoubtedly designed for Windows, isn't
    supported by the basic generic drivers included in a Linux distro.
    Perhaps you should complain to your sound card manufacturer, for example,
    to provide a Linux driver since no Linux distro seems to work with it
    correctly. If it didn't work right in Windows, you'd go the manufacturer
    for the Windows driver, would you not? Why are the good folks behind
    Linux supposed to develop drivers for every oddball piece of hardware
    ever built? Picture how well your current PC would be running right now
    if the only drivers you could use came from the WinXP OS itself? No CDs
    that came with the hardware, no downloads from the manufacturer- just the
    internal built-in MS WinXP drivers. I suspect your sound mixer wouldn't
    work right, no 3D graphics acceleration, etc.

    Cut the Linux OS some slack, troll boy. If you limit yourself to
    hardware it supports, it runs nicely. Throw it a curve, and it'll swing
    and miss... just like any OS.

    Now, do you have anything to say about Pocket PCs?...

    ....I didn't think so...

  9. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    Todd All**** did eloquently scribble:
    > At 06 Feb 2007 16:24:58 -0500 VistaEra wrote:

    >> In the 10 minutes I've used it (knoppix) here is what I've found.

    > I'm not Linux guru by any strech of the imagination, but is it possible
    > you just don't know what you're doing?

    I think "obvious" should replace "possible" in the previous sentence, and
    switch the order of "is" and "it".

    > For example, you're posting these insipid rants to the Microsoft Pocket
    > PC newsgroup where they're pretty far off topic.

    He's crossposting this crud to comp.sys.handhelds too.
    It's called a troll. An attempt to rope in as many newsgroups as possible
    into a flamewar.... The fact he chose handhelds and pocketpc only shows he
    IS totally clueless because he's never going to start an internewsgroup
    flamewar between them.

    > Perhaps if you can't quite work a Usenet newsreader, Linux might be beyond
    > your skillset as well?

    His only response to criticism appears to be "Meanwhile..." and the list of
    things he didn't get working in knoppix again.

    He doesn't have the mental faculties to even form a basic argument. All he
    can do is spam.

    >> So basically, it's unusable crap, like every other version of

    > Linux.....

    > Or your PC's hardware, which was undoubtedly designed for Windows, isn't
    > supported by the basic generic drivers included in a Linux distro.

    Nahhhh.
    It's quite clear by now he's never even tried it.
    He's just trawled linux help groups for problems people have encountered in
    knoppix over the years, collected a few of them together and created a post
    claiming they all went wrong on a single machine.

    Wouldn't be surprised if the duplicated icon problems were something from a
    knoppix that was obsolete 3 years ago.

    > Cut the Linux OS some slack, troll boy.

    His nickname contains the word "Vista"... What're the chances of him laying
    off? We've had a few like him since the launch.

    We'll get a lot more as microsoft gets more and more desperate more likely.

    > Now, do you have anything to say about Pocket PCs?...

    At this point, if he does reply, he'll probably say "Crap unless vista's
    installed"

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  10. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    VistaEra did eloquently scribble:

    > wrote
    >> At this point, if he does reply, he'll probably say "Crap unless vista's
    >> installed"

    > Linux - The never ready OS.

    So. No answer to the accusations...
    Thought not.

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  11. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    VistaEra did eloquently scribble:

    > VistaEra did eloquently scribble:
    >> > Linux - The never ready OS.

    > wrote in message
    >> So. No answer to the accusations...
    >> Thought not.

    > Ya Lintards are not only dumb, they are cowards.

    Cowards are the people who are too scared to answer challenges.

    That's you that is.

  12. Re: Why Linux is too bad to use

    VistaEra did eloquently scribble:

    > wrote
    >> Cowards are the people who are too scared to answer challenges.

    > I still see you have not answered the challenge of explaining the 2 dozen
    > errors I identified in Knoppix Linux within the first 10 minutes of use.

    I did explain them.
    You're a ****ing moron and you made it all up.

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |