Which pda to buy ? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Which pda to buy ? - Handheld ; Im looking for some advice on which pda to buy? I have read some reviews but they really dont say much. Im looking at Palm t/x ($349) HP IPaq HX2790 ($489) HP IPaq HX2190 (369) What I want to do. ...

  1. Which pda to buy ?

    Im looking for some advice on which pda to buy?
    I have read some reviews but they really dont say much.

    Im looking at
    Palm t/x ($349)
    HP IPaq HX2790 ($489)
    HP IPaq HX2190 (369)

    What I want to do. (since I have never had one I can only say what I
    think I want it for.)
    >Surf the net (they all seem to have wifi and bluetooth.
    >Read stuff, I spend 45 minues on the subway and want to download news/articles etc.

    and read it to and from work.
    >Wordprocessing (I use ms products, but Im not married to them)
    >Email, I guess you can write emails and then send them when you connect to a

    network.
    >Look at pictures, I travel and want to look at and delete my Nikon pictures (.Nefs)
    >Have the ability to add devices eg Wired Network??, GPS.

    HP IPAQ PRO's
    It appears some people say I should get HP because it comes with MS
    OS, I
    use MS products and OS at home and work.
    The HX2790 is a 624 Mhz cpu Wow.
    They use compact flash, the same as my Nikon camera (can I just pop in
    the memory
    and look at the pictures ???)

    Palm Pros
    I do use MS products, but It appears that the Palm works with MS
    products anyway.
    No one seems to complain that there Palm doesnt work with MS products.
    Palm "seems" to be the big players in the pda area, so I would think
    they would have
    the most additional software and perhaps cheapest add ons. eg I am
    interested in
    buying a GPS at some time to add into the pda.

    Can anyone provide some feed back here.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Which pda to buy ?

    I have an hx2755 I'll gladly sell you for $300.
    It is the same as the 2790/2795/etc, but with
    Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition ...
    MUCH more stable than the 5.0 I'm told.
    (Although it can be "up"graded to 5.0 for a
    $40 disk from HP)

    reason: GSM/GPRS.
    Anyone that doesn't have it ....

    steve wrote:
    > Im looking for some advice on which pda to buy?
    > I have read some reviews but they really dont say much.
    >
    > Im looking at
    > Palm t/x ($349)
    > HP IPaq HX2790 ($489)
    > HP IPaq HX2190 (369)
    >
    > What I want to do. (since I have never had one I can only say what I
    > think I want it for.)
    > >Surf the net (they all seem to have wifi and bluetooth.
    > >Read stuff, I spend 45 minues on the subway and want to download news/articles etc.

    > and read it to and from work.
    > >Wordprocessing (I use ms products, but Im not married to them)
    > >Email, I guess you can write emails and then send them when you connect to a

    > network.
    > >Look at pictures, I travel and want to look at and delete my Nikon pictures (.Nefs)
    > >Have the ability to add devices eg Wired Network??, GPS.

    > HP IPAQ PRO's
    > It appears some people say I should get HP because it comes with MS
    > OS, I
    > use MS products and OS at home and work.
    > The HX2790 is a 624 Mhz cpu Wow.
    > They use compact flash, the same as my Nikon camera (can I just pop in
    > the memory
    > and look at the pictures ???)
    >
    > Palm Pros
    > I do use MS products, but It appears that the Palm works with MS
    > products anyway.
    > No one seems to complain that there Palm doesnt work with MS products.
    > Palm "seems" to be the big players in the pda area, so I would think
    > they would have
    > the most additional software and perhaps cheapest add ons. eg I am
    > interested in
    > buying a GPS at some time to add into the pda.
    >
    > Can anyone provide some feed back here.
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Which pda to buy ?

    Hello,

    afaik there is more software for Windows Mobile nowdays than for Palm OS.

    The good thing about these HP models is the CF card slot, but the hx2190
    doesn't have WiFi only bluetooth!
    The WM 5.0 OS normally does its job quite okay.

    Greetings

    Markus

  4. Re: Which pda to buy ?

    Iīve been using all kind of PDA since 1999, and i should admit windows
    mobile is better than Palm OS, thatīs truth.
    But i dont change palmos. WMobile is just like windows desktop. You
    want do something, so many tap i get tire too fast.
    I can do anything using my palm pda.
    For example.
    I have wi-fi home, work and the university.
    I got a Palm Life-Drive
    4 GB of HD. The best!
    I got many thing you dont image.
    Connect to internet using my wifi, using bluetooth with my cell phone
    a lof of music
    I use the HD like a memory stick to install mobile application. I
    connect to any pc and i get all the app i use, firefox, mail, glimp,
    office, and all my password. Thatīs just with my Palm Life-drive

+ Reply to Thread