N770/N800 do they have competitors? - Handheld

This is a discussion on N770/N800 do they have competitors? - Handheld ; Sent to multiple groups It seems that the Nokia tablet has anything I'd like to have in a tablet for home use, a device to be put at the nexus between PC and palm devices. I want - 800 pixel ...

  1. N770/N800 do they have competitors?

    Sent to multiple groups

    It seems that the Nokia tablet has anything I'd like to have in a
    tablet for home use, a device to be put at the nexus between PC and
    palm devices.
    I want
    - 800 pixel quality display
    - web browser
    - WiFi
    - e-mail client
    - RSS reader
    - pdf reader
    - image viewer

    Haven't found any other with similar characteristics, based on linux
    or WinMob.
    Is it true?

  2. Re: N770/N800 do they have competitors?

    __/ [ _nemo_ ] on Saturday 27 January 2007 19:12 \__

    > Sent to multiple groups
    >
    > It seems that the Nokia tablet has anything I'd like to have in a
    > tablet for home use, a device to be put at the nexus between PC and
    > palm devices.
    > I want
    > - 800 pixel quality display
    > - web browser
    > - WiFi
    > - e-mail client
    > - RSS reader
    > - pdf reader
    > - image viewer
    >
    > Haven't found any other with similar characteristics, based on linux
    > or WinMob.
    > Is it true?

    Some current Palm models contain a subset of the above features and the move
    from Palm OS (just renamed Garnet) to Linux (backward compatible) is
    imminent. You would have to compromise display resolution though. The
    release of the new Linux-based OS (PalmSource/ACCESS) is set for the middle
    of this year, IIRC, so there is likely to be some model released at that
    point. Maybe even a Treo, which boasts something the Nokia Internet tablet
    does not have--telephony. It does VoIP, as well.

    --
    ~~ Best wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com | Free as in Free Beer PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Cpu(s): 24.4% user, 3.0% system, 0.7% nice, 71.9% idle

  3. Re: N770/N800 do they have competitors?

    Give a try to the SL series of the Sharp Zaurus. They're really excellent
    devices, as far as Linux is concerned. See my blog for more info.

    --
    Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
    Please see the Pocket PC Mag Expert Blog (including mine) at

    "_nemo_" wrote in message
    news:1169925132.464311.25770@p10g2000cwp.googlegro ups.com...
    > Sent to multiple groups
    >
    > It seems that the Nokia tablet has anything I'd like to have in a
    > tablet for home use, a device to be put at the nexus between PC and
    > palm devices.
    > I want
    > - 800 pixel quality display
    > - web browser
    > - WiFi
    > - e-mail client
    > - RSS reader
    > - pdf reader
    > - image viewer
    >
    > Haven't found any other with similar characteristics, based on linux
    > or WinMob.
    > Is it true?

+ Reply to Thread