Dell Axim X50V Bootup and Backup Battery - Handheld

This is a discussion on Dell Axim X50V Bootup and Backup Battery - Handheld ; I have an X50V that I recently upgraded to WinMobile 5 and I cannot get the unit to boot/reset completely. It stops about 80% and hangs. When I remove the main battery and install it in the cradle and turn ...

  1. Dell Axim X50V Bootup and Backup Battery

    I have an X50V that I recently upgraded to WinMobile 5 and I cannot get
    the unit to boot/reset completely. It stops about 80% and hangs. When
    I remove the main battery and install it in the cradle and turn it on I
    get the message a memory error has been detected..... Nothing works and
    I suspect a backup battery problem.
    I have seen procedures for opening the unit, but I am curious if there
    is an easy to find replacement available (RadioShack??). I am going on
    a business trip shortly and will not be able to order and get a mail
    order replacement. Does anyone know of a part number for a replacement?

    Any help appreciated.

    bigsky

  2. Re: Dell Axim X50V Bootup and Backup Battery

    On Jan 14, 2:33 am, bigsky wrote:
    > I have an X50V that I recently upgraded to WinMobile 5 and I cannot get
    > the unit to boot/reset completely. It stops about 80% and hangs. When
    > I remove the main battery and install it in the cradle and turn it on I
    > get the message a memory error has been detected..... Nothing works and
    > I suspect a backup battery problem.
    > I have seen procedures for opening the unit, but I am curious if there
    > is an easy to find replacement available (RadioShack??). I am going on
    > a business trip shortly and will not be able to order and get a mail
    > order replacement. Does anyone know of a part number for a replacement?
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > bigsky

    I have the same problem - did you get any further?

+ Reply to Thread