ti-59 magnetic cards - Handheld

This is a discussion on ti-59 magnetic cards - Handheld ; I am looking for magnetic cards for the ti-59. Please email me if you have a few you would be willing to part with. Tim...

  1. ti-59 magnetic cards

    I am looking for magnetic cards for the ti-59. Please email me if you
    have a few you would be willing to part with.

    Tim

  2. Re: ti-59 magnetic cards

    Tim wrote:
    > I am looking for magnetic cards for the ti-59. Please email me if you
    > have a few you would be willing to part with.
    >
    > Tim

    Cut up a floppy disk.
    I remember there were disks that worked and those that didn't. Try both
    1.2MB and 360KB 5-1/4" floppy disks...different magnetic properties.
    I'm pretty sure one of them will work fine...just don't remember which.

    I never tried a 3.5" disk.
    mike

  3. Re: ti-59 magnetic cards

    mike wrote:
    > Tim wrote:
    > > I am looking for magnetic cards for the ti-59. Please email me if you
    > > have a few you would be willing to part with.
    > >
    > > Tim
    > >

    > Cut up a floppy disk.
    > I remember there were disks that worked and those that didn't. Try both
    > 1.2MB and 360KB 5-1/4" floppy disks...different magnetic properties.
    > I'm pretty sure one of them will work fine...just don't remember which.
    >
    > I never tried a 3.5" disk.
    > mike

    Mike,
    That is an idea. But to do that, I need the dimensions of the magnetic
    card or one to use as a template.
    Tim

  4. Re: ti-59 magnetic cards

    "Tim" writes:
    > That is an idea. But to do that, I need the dimensions of the magnetic
    > card or one to use as a template.

    You should probably try the discussion forum at www.ti59.com.

  5. Re: ti-59 magnetic cards

    Tim wrote:
    > mike wrote:
    >
    >>Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am looking for magnetic cards for the ti-59. Please email me if you
    >>>have a few you would be willing to part with.
    >>>
    >>>Tim
    >>>

    >>Cut up a floppy disk.
    >>I remember there were disks that worked and those that didn't. Try both
    >>1.2MB and 360KB 5-1/4" floppy disks...different magnetic properties.
    >>I'm pretty sure one of them will work fine...just don't remember which.
    >>
    >>I never tried a 3.5" disk.
    >>mike

    > Mike,
    > That is an idea. But to do that, I need the dimensions of the magnetic
    > card or one to use as a template.
    > Tim

    It's pretty simple. If the card won't go into the slot, it's too wide...
    As I recall, make it long and it quits reading when it's got enough bits.
    Trial and error...
    Ok, OK, my cards measrue 0.447" x 2.80"
    mike

  6. Re: ti-59 magnetic cards

    Thanks Mike. I will try it out.

    Tim

    mike wrote:
    > Tim wrote:
    > > mike wrote:

    > >>Cut up a floppy disk.
    > >>I remember there were disks that worked and those that didn't. Try both
    > >>1.2MB and 360KB 5-1/4" floppy disks...different magnetic properties.
    > >>I'm pretty sure one of them will work fine...just don't remember which.
    > >>
    > >>I never tried a 3.5" disk.
    > >>mike

    > > Mike,
    > > That is an idea. But to do that, I need the dimensions of the magnetic
    > > card or one to use as a template.
    > > Tim
    > >

    > It's pretty simple. If the card won't go into the slot, it's too wide...
    > As I recall, make it long and it quits reading when it's got enough bits.
    > Trial and error...
    > Ok, OK, my cards measrue 0.447" x 2.80"
    > mike

  7. Re: ti-59 magnetic cards

    Quote Originally Posted by usenet View Post
    Tim wrote:
    > I am looking for magnetic cards for the ti-59. Please email me if you
    > have a few you would be willing to part with.
    >
    > Tim

    Cut up a floppy disk.
    I remember there were disks that worked and those that didn't. Try both
    1.2MB and 360KB 5-1/4" floppy disks...different magnetic properties.
    I'm pretty sure one of them will work fine...just don't remember which.

    I never tried a 3.5" disk.
    mike
    dear tom,
    i can give you some cards(original).if you are still interested.
    just give me a reply and i can provide you with some.

    probably you can help me ,too.
    i am looking for an batterie-pack for the TI59. mine is gone.
    i would need a replacement
    regards
    bernd

  8. Re: ti-59 magnetic cards

    Tim wrote:
    > I am looking for magnetic cards for the ti-59. Please email me if you
    > have a few you would be willing to part with.
    >
    > Tim

    Cut up a floppy disk.
    I remember there were disks that worked and those that didn't. Try both
    1.2MB and 360KB 5-1/4" floppy disks...different magnetic properties.
    I'm pretty sure one of them will work fine...just don't remember which.

    I never tried a 3.5" disk.
    mike
    i can part some cards.if you still require some.
    please contact me
    bernd

+ Reply to Thread