ANN: New release of AJZaurusUSB driver for MacOS X - Handheld

This is a discussion on ANN: New release of AJZaurusUSB driver for MacOS X - Handheld ; Since OESF is currently not reachable, here an announcement: We have released a new version of the AJZaurusUSB, the USB driver for connecting a Sharp Zaurus or Familiar-Linux based Handheld device to the Macintosh by using Ethernet over the USB ...

  1. ANN: New release of AJZaurusUSB driver for MacOS X

    Since OESF is currently not reachable, here an announcement:

    We have released a new version of the AJZaurusUSB, the USB driver for
    connecting a Sharp Zaurus or Familiar-Linux based Handheld device to
    the Macintosh by using Ethernet over the USB cable.

    The new driver (Version 0.5.0) is now a universal binary so that it can
    be installed on a PowerPC and Intel based Macs.

    It now also supports the Acer n30 Linux distribution "Letux"
    (www.letux.org) and some Motorola Linux Mobile Phones.

    To download the driver or the GPLed sources, please visit
    http://www.handheld-linux.com/swi/sh...l.php?app=4378

    One word of caution: we have been reported that switching on/off the
    Zaurus *while* a PowerBook or MacBook is in *sleep* mode may wake it up
    with a kernel panic. So, please switch off/unplug the Zaurus always
    while the Mac is actively in operation! We will fix this as soon as
    possible.

    -- hns - maintainer

  2. Re: ANN: New release of AJZaurusUSB driver for MacOS X

    hns@computer.org schrieb:

    > One word of caution: we have been reported that switching on/off the
    > Zaurus *while* a PowerBook or MacBook is in *sleep* mode may wake it up
    > with a kernel panic. So, please switch off/unplug the Zaurus always
    > while the Mac is actively in operation! We will fix this as soon as
    > possible.

    This bug has been fixed now in Release 0.5.1.

    Description and download link can be found here:
    http://www.dsitri.de/wiki.php?page=AJZaurusUSB

    -- hns

+ Reply to Thread