Handhelds With Internet - Handheld

This is a discussion on Handhelds With Internet - Handheld ; I am looking for a handheld like the Treo but I don't need a phone. I need to be able to connect to the internet. I do not want one like a Jornada or any one with a keyboard that ...

  1. Handhelds With Internet

    I am looking for a handheld like the Treo but I don't need a phone. I
    need to be able to connect to the internet. I do not want one like a
    Jornada or any one with a keyboard that big. Any suggestions?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Handhelds With Internet

    On 6 Nov 2006 07:16:19 -0800, "Red Alert"
    wrote:

    >I am looking for a handheld like the Treo but I don't need a phone. I
    >need to be able to connect to the internet. I do not want one like a
    >Jornada or any one with a keyboard that big. Any suggestions?

    If you don't want to use a phone, than you'll need to connect via
    wired or wireless LAN. I _assume_ you want wireless (802.11) so you
    can connect in libraries, airports, and other WI-FI "hot spots" (free
    and otherwise). If so, check the following charts on Chris De
    Herrera's site.. They start with the most recent models.
    http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/comparison/wm50ppc.php
    http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/comparison/2003se.php
    http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/comparison/2003.php
    If you want something less expensive, you can wander around the same
    site. Several companies make 802.11 CF and SD cards that you can add
    to models that don't have 802.11 built-in. A bit less tidy, but
    perhaps less expensive.

    >Thanks

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.