How to transfer files from a PC to an ACER N300? - Handheld

This is a discussion on How to transfer files from a PC to an ACER N300? - Handheld ; I am new to Windows Mobile and PDAs (that's obvious I hear you say I want to xfer files from my PC to the ACER N300 (it has WM 5.0 installed) There is something caled a "download agent" Is that ...

  1. How to transfer files from a PC to an ACER N300?

    I am new to Windows Mobile and PDAs (that's obvious I hear you say
    I want to xfer files from my PC to the ACER N300 (it has WM 5.0 installed)
    There is something caled a "download agent"
    Is that what I should use or is there an easier way?

    On my PC I can see the PDA device file structure OK but it won't let me drag
    files to it (using USB or Bluetooth)
    With a USB connection I can xfer from the ACER - but not to it.
    I can do the same with a bluetooth connection.

    I have set bluetooth settings to allow file transfer.

    I feel I am missing something very obvious!!

    Any help please - would be much appreciated?

    Ger

    P.S. The PDA also has an SD-MMC memory card installed - I don't see this
    from the PC. What I really want to do is transfer music and mp3 files from
    my PC to the PDA.

  2. Re: How to transfer files from a PC to an ACER N300?

    ger schrieb:
    > Thank you Klaus, yes, I do have a card reader on the PC and what you suggest
    > would of course work. Guess I'll have to do that.
    > I can also plug a memory stick into the PDA cradle and transfer
    > files via the memory stick.
    > Just bugs me that the drag/drop doesn't work
    > Ger

    Did you already try copy and paste? Maybe only drag'n drop is not
    available since the device isn't listed as a regulary drive in explorer
    (what is a really stupid decissionn by M$).

    Greetings

    Markus

  3. Re: How to transfer files from a PC to an ACER N300?

    Thanks Markus, yes, I did try that.
    Ger

    "Markus Humm" wrote in message
    > ger schrieb:
    >> Thank you Klaus, yes, I do have a card reader on the PC and what you
    >> suggest
    >> would of course work. Guess I'll have to do that.
    >> I can also plug a memory stick into the PDA cradle and transfer
    >> files via the memory stick.
    >> Just bugs me that the drag/drop doesn't work
    >> Ger

    > Did you already try copy and paste? Maybe only drag'n drop is not
    > available since the device isn't listed as a regulary drive in explorer
    > (what is a really stupid decissionn by M$).
    >
    > Greetings
    >
    > Markus

+ Reply to Thread