Re: Built-in keyboard? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Re: Built-in keyboard? - Handheld ; In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Steve wrote: > I'm looking for a relatively cheap handheld with a built-in keyboard > and a good color screen. Doesn't have to be a current model. I'd > like to check out ebay etc, but I'm not ...

  1. Re: Built-in keyboard?

    In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Steve wrote:
    > I'm looking for a relatively cheap handheld with a built-in keyboard
    > and a good color screen. Doesn't have to be a current model. I'd
    > like to check out ebay etc, but I'm not sure which models had the
    > keyboards. Palm Treo, maybe some Sony models, or other Palms?

    Here is a close-to-complete list of PalmOS devices.

    All of the following have keyboards and color screens with 320x320 or
    higher resolution:

    Palm OS 5:
    Palm Tungsten|C
    Treo 650, 700p, and a few new models.
    Sony Clie VZ90, UX50, UX40, TG50, NX90, NX80V, NX80,
    NX73, NX70V, NX60
    Palm OS 4:
    Sony NR70, NR70V

    Others with keyboards:
    Treo 600 (160x160 color screen)
    Treo 90 (OS 4, 160x160 color screen)
    AlphaSmart Dana, Dana Wireless (full-sized keyboard, 560x160
    resolution, B&W)

    Personally, I'd look at the Treo 650/700p first as they're available
    new. The Palm T|C and Sony UX, NX, and TG models are also decent
    choices.

    -alan

    --
    Alan Hoyle - alanh@unc.edu - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
    Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

  2. Re: Built-in keyboard?

    In article <4p71q6FhdcopU1@individual.net>, Alan Hoyle
    wrote:

    > In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Steve wrote:
    > > I'm looking for a relatively cheap handheld with a built-in keyboard
    > > and a good color screen. Doesn't have to be a current model. I'd
    > > like to check out ebay etc, but I'm not sure which models had the
    > > keyboards. Palm Treo, maybe some Sony models, or other Palms?

    > Here is a close-to-complete list of PalmOS devices.
    >
    > All of the following have keyboards and color screens with 320x320 or
    > higher resolution:
    >
    > Palm OS 5:
    > Palm Tungsten|C
    > Treo 650, 700p, and a few new models.
    > Sony Clie VZ90, UX50, UX40, TG50, NX90, NX80V, NX80,
    > NX73, NX70V, NX60
    > Palm OS 4:
    > Sony NR70, NR70V
    >
    > Others with keyboards:
    > Treo 600 (160x160 color screen)
    > Treo 90 (OS 4, 160x160 color screen)
    > AlphaSmart Dana, Dana Wireless (full-sized keyboard, 560x160
    > resolution, B&W)
    >
    > Personally, I'd look at the Treo 650/700p first as they're available
    > new. The Palm T|C and Sony UX, NX, and TG models are also decent
    > choices.
    >
    > -alan

    Of these Sonys, which has BACKLIT keyboards for typing in the dark?

  3. Re: Built-in keyboard?

    Wilbur wrote:
    > In article <4p71q6FhdcopU1@individual.net>, Alan Hoyle
    > wrote:
    >

    >>In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Steve wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm looking for a relatively cheap handheld with a built-in keyboard
    >>>and a good color screen. Doesn't have to be a current model. I'd
    >>>like to check out ebay etc, but I'm not sure which models had the
    >>>keyboards. Palm Treo, maybe some Sony models, or other Palms?

    >>Here is a close-to-complete list of PalmOS devices.
    >>
    >>All of the following have keyboards and color screens with 320x320 or
    >>higher resolution:
    >>
    >> Palm OS 5:
    >> Palm Tungsten|C
    >> Treo 650, 700p, and a few new models.
    >> Sony Clie VZ90, UX50, UX40, TG50, NX90, NX80V, NX80,
    >> NX73, NX70V, NX60
    >> Palm OS 4:
    >> Sony NR70, NR70V
    >>
    >>Others with keyboards:
    >> Treo 600 (160x160 color screen)
    >> Treo 90 (OS 4, 160x160 color screen)
    >> AlphaSmart Dana, Dana Wireless (full-sized keyboard, 560x160
    >> resolution, B&W)
    >>
    >>Personally, I'd look at the Treo 650/700p first as they're available
    >>new. The Palm T|C and Sony UX, NX, and TG models are also decent
    >>choices.
    >>
    >>-alan

    > Of these Sonys, which has BACKLIT keyboards for typing in the dark?

    The UX50 does for sure. Can't say about the others.

+ Reply to Thread