On the weekend whilst using my hx4700, it decided to stop recognising
SD Cards, the 1Gb didn't recognise nor did the 512Mb and I have used
these in the device for about 10 months with no problems. tried these
cards in my card reader on two computers and in old ASUS PDA with no
problems. putting in an 1Gb MMC card worked fine and was recognised.

I have tried soft reset, then a hard reset, then upgraded to latest ROM
and firmware from HP site. and still no go. I tried then another Hard
reset and still refused to recognise.

I have tried a few software items to try and recognise the SD card
reader in the device but only sees the iPaq backup drive and
conventional memory. No SD's

Anyone else had this problem and know if there is a fix for it?

Thank you