Blackberry - Desktop Manager - Won't Start - Handheld

This is a discussion on Blackberry - Desktop Manager - Won't Start - Handheld ; Hi All, Has anyone had this issue...??? The Blackberry has been working with Desktop Manager 4.1 on an IBM laptop. To speed up the laptop in general terms I was asked to remove some of the IBM software that comes ...

  1. Blackberry - Desktop Manager - Won't Start

    Hi All, Has anyone had this issue...???

    The Blackberry has been working with Desktop Manager 4.1 on an IBM
    laptop. To speed up the laptop in general terms I was asked to remove
    some of the IBM software that comes with these laptops (you know,
    Network Connections Manager, (IBM additions))...
    I removed what was not necessary. Today, when we click on Desktop
    Manager, nothing happens -> we click the icon an hour glass appears for
    a millisecond and nothing!

    So I uninstalled Desktop Manager 4.1, and tried 4.2 , same deal. I've
    been through Blackberry knowledge base articles but I cannot find
    anything to explain what is going on here... Has this happened to
    anyone out there?

    SAD
    Nilo

  2. Re: Blackberry - Desktop Manager - Won't Start

    Just to add, nothing changed on the computer expect the removal of
    ThinkVantage programs, and the reinstallation of the ones that might be
    necessary, ie fingerprint reader..

    The DM 4.1/2 would not work in Safe Mode, and everything else seemingly
    works!!!
    Has some weird DLL file gone nuts or something? Is it possible to work
    it out and get things running. I've even registered dll's as suggested
    at the RIM Blackberry Knowledgebase but as to what I'm registering I
    don't know.. i thought the instlallation setup would do that stuff!
    bugger

    nilo wrote:

    > Hi All, Has anyone had this issue...???
    >
    > The Blackberry has been working with Desktop Manager 4.1 on an IBM
    > laptop. To speed up the laptop in general terms I was asked to remove
    > some of the IBM software that comes with these laptops (you know,
    > Network Connections Manager, (IBM additions))...
    > I removed what was not necessary. Today, when we click on Desktop
    > Manager, nothing happens -> we click the icon an hour glass appears for
    > a millisecond and nothing!
    >
    > So I uninstalled Desktop Manager 4.1, and tried 4.2 , same deal. I've
    > been through Blackberry knowledge base articles but I cannot find
    > anything to explain what is going on here... Has this happened to
    > anyone out there?
    >
    > SAD
    > Nilo

+ Reply to Thread