New laptop doesn't see blackberry - Handheld

This is a discussion on New laptop doesn't see blackberry - Handheld ; I had no problem running desktop manager on Toshiba. Now got an IBM T43, which has 2 USB ports. When I connect my Blackberry to either port, it doesn't show up in device manager, and I get the "handheld not ...

  1. New laptop doesn't see blackberry

    I had no problem running desktop manager on Toshiba. Now got an IBM
    T43, which has 2 USB ports. When I connect my Blackberry to either
    port, it doesn't show up in device manager, and I get the "handheld not
    found" error. Software (desktop mgr and handheld ) is still the same
    (4.0). Both USB ports work fine otherwise, e.g, they detect my IPaq and
    so on. If anybody can help I'd greatly appreciate it. So far, I've
    tried reinstalling desktop software and removing powersave option on
    USB hubs.

  2. Re: New laptop doesn't see blackberry

    On 8 Sep 2006 10:00:34 -0700, areyoukidding@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I had no problem running desktop manager on Toshiba. Now got an IBM
    >T43, which has 2 USB ports. When I connect my Blackberry to either
    >port, it doesn't show up in device manager, and I get the "handheld not
    >found" error. Software (desktop mgr and handheld ) is still the same
    >(4.0). Both USB ports work fine otherwise, e.g, they detect my IPaq and
    >so on. If anybody can help I'd greatly appreciate it. So far, I've
    >tried reinstalling desktop software and removing powersave option on
    >USB hubs.

    Make sure you use the cable that came with the BB. Found out the hard
    way it will NOT work with another cable, nor thru a extension box.

+ Reply to Thread