Can MP3 players hold other data types? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Can MP3 players hold other data types? - Handheld ; Can portable hard drive MP3 players, like the iPod, hold other data types like Word documents, PDFs, or whatever? I know they can't display other data types but that's okay. I just want it as a backup for my notebook ...

  1. Can MP3 players hold other data types?

    Can portable hard drive MP3 players, like the iPod, hold other data
    types like Word documents, PDFs, or whatever?

    I know they can't display other data types but that's okay. I just want
    it as a backup for my notebook PC.

    If you can carry around a 60 GB hard drive for music then it might as
    well be able to hold anything.

    Does anyone here know which hard drive MP3 players can hold any data?

    Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: Can MP3 players hold other data types?

    Bruce W.1 wrote:
    > Can portable hard drive MP3 players, like the iPod, hold other data
    > types like Word documents, PDFs, or whatever?
    >
    > I know they can't display other data types but that's okay. I just want
    > it as a backup for my notebook PC.
    >
    > If you can carry around a 60 GB hard drive for music then it might as
    > well be able to hold anything.
    >
    > Does anyone here know which hard drive MP3 players can hold any data?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Most MP3 players can operate as external disk drives, including the
    iPod. You can put whatever you like on them.

    I seem to recall something about some moviemaker who was transporting
    around some famous movie in progress, between the editing office and a
    viewing room, using an iPod. This was well before the existence of
    video ipods.

+ Reply to Thread