How to delete all CONTACTS??? - Handheld

This is a discussion on How to delete all CONTACTS??? - Handheld ; I have an ACER N300 and have in error synched it with a very large Outlook list of contacts on a PC. I want to clear the contacts list on the handheld. Start over. Anyone know how please? (apart from ...

  1. How to delete all CONTACTS???

    I have an ACER N300 and have in error synched it with a very large Outlook
    list of contacts on a PC.
    I want to clear the contacts list on the handheld. Start over.
    Anyone know how please? (apart from manually one-by-one!!)
    File Manager won't let me rename or delete the file.
    In hope.
    Ger.

  2. Re: How to delete all CONTACTS???

    ger wrote:

    > I have an ACER N300 and have in error synched it with a very large Outlook
    > list of contacts on a PC.
    > I want to clear the contacts list on the handheld. Start over.
    > Anyone know how please? (apart from manually one-by-one!!)

    Ctrl-a in the contacts list selects all contacts. Tap and hold, choose
    "delete contact" (I don't want to try that step).

    > File Manager won't let me rename or delete the file.

    Which file?

    Regards...
    Michael

  3. Re: How to delete all CONTACTS???

    02.09.2006 13:54, Michael Mauch schrob:

    > ger wrote:
    >
    >> I have an ACER N300 and have in error synched it with a very large Outlook
    >> list of contacts on a PC.
    >> I want to clear the contacts list on the handheld. Start over.
    >> Anyone know how please? (apart from manually one-by-one!!)

    > Ctrl-a in the contacts list selects all contacts. Tap and hold, choose
    > "delete contact" (I don't want to try that step).

    It doesn't work anyway. Firstly, the list is single-selection only. And
    even after setting it to multiple selection, the delete commands only
    affect one message at a time.

    >> File Manager won't let me rename or delete the file.

    > Which file?

    Guess he meant the database file.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla' - http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/
    No user was harmed by sending this Outlook-free message.

  4. Re: How to delete all CONTACTS???

    Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
    > 02.09.2006 13:54, Michael Mauch schrob:
    >
    >> ger wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have an ACER N300 and have in error synched it with a very large Outlook
    >>> list of contacts on a PC.
    >>> I want to clear the contacts list on the handheld. Start over.
    >>> Anyone know how please? (apart from manually one-by-one!!)

    >> Ctrl-a in the contacts list selects all contacts. Tap and hold, choose
    >> "delete contact" (I don't want to try that step).

    > It doesn't work anyway. Firstly, the list is single-selection only.

    I don't know what you mean. I can select single contacts, then touch
    Ctrl on the virtual keyboard and select more contacts.

    > And even after setting it to multiple selection,

    How do you do that?

    > the delete commands only affect one message at a time.

    I tried transferring all contacts via BT after selecting all contacts
    (and it worked). But maybe that's different with the delete command.

    Oops, I just googled for Acer N300 and found that it has WM5. Maybe
    that's the difference, then? My MDA compact has WM2003SE.

    >>> File Manager won't let me rename or delete the file.

    >> Which file?

    > Guess he meant the database file.

    Sorry, I still don't know which file.

    Regards...
    Michael

  5. Re: How to delete all CONTACTS???

    03.09.2006 18:14, Michael Mauch schrob:

    >>> Ctrl-a in the contacts list selects all contacts. Tap and hold, choose
    >>> "delete contact" (I don't want to try that step).

    >> It doesn't work anyway. Firstly, the list is single-selection only.

    > I don't know what you mean. I can select single contacts, then touch
    > Ctrl on the virtual keyboard and select more contacts.
    >
    >> And even after setting it to multiple selection,

    > How do you do that?

    With a special program that I wrote.

    >> the delete commands only affect one message at a time.

    > I tried transferring all contacts via BT after selecting all contacts
    > (and it worked). But maybe that's different with the delete command.
    >
    > Oops, I just googled for Acer N300 and found that it has WM5. Maybe
    > that's the difference, then? My MDA compact has WM2003SE.

    Ah yes, I remember the list now from my old device. There indeed you could
    select all contacts by just dragging over them.

    >>> Which file?

    >> Guess he meant the database file.

    > Sorry, I still don't know which file.

    The file in which Windows stores all the contacts, hence the database file.
    Again, it's different to WM2003; WM5 has several files in the root
    directory that hold PIM and other data.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla' - http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/
    No user was harmed by sending this Outlook-free message.

+ Reply to Thread