My wife and I each have our own Desktop PC (both using Windows
XP Pro) and we each have our own Palm Zire 72. We both use
USB for Zire-to-PC connecting. Everything works just fine
with one exception, her Zire will not connect to her PC.
Trying to get her Zire to connect to her PC consistently
results in the 'Windows XP Hardware Fail.wav' sound.

On the other hand, my Zire successfully connects to both of
our PC's and her Zire will successfully connect to my PC. I
have even tried switching USB cables but the problem still
persists. Her Zire simply will not connect to her PC.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Does anyone have a
suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,
David