Re: PSP price cut might be imminent - Handheld

This is a discussion on Re: PSP price cut might be imminent - Handheld ; "Chris F" wrote in message news:tmkge29f07meiskavq12u8k61invg2i1a8@4ax.com... > On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:06:50 -0600, "Mattinglyfan" > wrote: > > >>>> >>>> Spoken like someone who only owns a DS. >>> >>> Spoken like someone who has owned *two* PSPs and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

  1. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    "Chris F" wrote in message

    >>> Spoken like someone who has owned *two* PSPs and sold both of them
    >>> because of the blurry display, you mean.
    >>>

    >>I own *two* PSPs still.

    > what do you want a badge or something?

    Well let's see, dumb ass. Where was your response to the exact same quote
    that I responded to? Oh I know, its because you share his view so you can
    only utilize your hypocritical sarcasm with those who SHARE your views.

    >> But the fact of the matter is, you just confirmed
    >>that my comment was true.
    >>

    > so because he no longer owns a PSP he can't have an opinion on it?

    No Matlock, did I say he couldn't have an opinion? But I am pretty sure he
    doesn't own Tekken, Monster Hunter, Daxter, Syphon Filter or Race Driver.
    Its a simple matter of the level of validity of an opinion of someone who
    doesn't own/still play a console versus someone who does.

    > give it a break, kutaragi's arsehole is getting a bit raw from all the
    > brown-nosing.

    You give it a ****ing break and save that fanboy bull**** for Merk or
    Brendan. I own every console from the last 12 years EXCEPT for a PS2 and
    PS1 so don't speak on what you don't know about my gaming habits.

  2. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:05:47 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
    wrote:
    >"Sir Chewbury Gubbins" wrote in
    >> It's a great shame. I think (and I might be completely wrong here) that
    >> the blur only exists because the PSP was clocked down at the last minute
    >> to try and counteract the abuse Sony were getting about battery life and
    >> that the display is therefore running slower than intended.

    >I don't think it's blurring you are seeing, but ghosting from the LCD.

    Yes, definitely. I was rather disappointed.

    The DS ghosts as well, but you have to look hard for it - it only
    really shows up in cartoon-style scrollies. On the PSP it's hard to
    miss, unfortunately. Borrowing one for a week stopped me buying my
    own, which is a rare thing!

    It's the sort of niggle that gets fixed with a hardware point
    revision, or even with the next shipment of higher-speed TFTs as
    manufacturing improves. Fingers crossed. I want one, but I can wait.

    Cheers - Jaimie
    --
    "Jesus died for our sins. Let us not cheapen his
    sacrifice by failing to commit any of them."

  3. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:31:59 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
    wrote:

    >"Chris F" wrote in message

    >>>I own *two* PSPs still.

    >> what do you want a badge or something?
    >>

    >Well let's see, dumb ass. Where was your response to the exact same quote
    >that I responded to? Oh I know, its because you share his view so you can
    >only utilize your hypocritical sarcasm with those who SHARE your views.

    what, the one where i actually said the amount of blur varies from
    game to game and that some of them have very little, if not none at
    all?

    that post? the one where i didn't agree with what he said completely?

    the fact you felt the need to declare your ownership of two PSP's is
    baffling, but obviously you see that as meaning you are more worthy of
    voicing an opinion on them.

    >>> But the fact of the matter is, you just confirmed
    >>>that my comment was true.
    >>>

    >> so because he no longer owns a PSP he can't have an opinion on it?
    >>

    >No Matlock, did I say he couldn't have an opinion? But I am pretty sure he
    >doesn't own Tekken, Monster Hunter, Daxter, Syphon Filter or Race Driver.
    >Its a simple matter of the level of validity of an opinion of someone who
    >doesn't own/still play a console versus someone who does.

    rubbish. he has owned a PSP, he has played games on a PSP. admittedly,
    he obviously hasn't played any of the ones which do not suffer from
    bad blurring/ghosting, as the games he did have put him off the
    machine enough for him to sell it.

    the fact he no longer owns one is irrelevant, his opinion is as valid
    as yours.

    >> give it a break, kutaragi's arsehole is getting a bit raw from all the
    >> brown-nosing.

    >You give it a ****ing break and save that fanboy bull**** for Merk or
    >Brendan. I own every console from the last 12 years EXCEPT for a PS2 and
    >PS1 so don't speak on what you don't know about my gaming habits.

    EXCEPT you are being as rabidly pro-PSP as you are criticising him for
    being anti-PSP.

    i couldn't give a flying toss about your gaming habits, frankly.
    --

    gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
    http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk

  4. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:49:10 +0100, Chris F
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:31:59 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Chris F" wrote in message

    >>> what do you want a badge or something?
    >>>

    >>Well let's see, dumb ass. Where was your response to the exact same quote
    >>that I responded to? Oh I know, its because you share his view so you can
    >>only utilize your hypocritical sarcasm with those who SHARE your views.
    >>

    >what, the one where i actually said the amount of blur varies from
    >game to game and that some of them have very little, if not none at
    >all?
    >
    >that post? the one where i didn't agree with what he said completely?

    ah, it would seem that was in a different thread, however my first
    reply to you was in much the same tone.

    --

    gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
    http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
    Current eBay auctions: http://tinyurl.com/hutcb

  5. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    "Chris F" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:49:10 +0100, Chris F
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:31:59 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Chris F" wrote in message

    >>>Well let's see, dumb ass. Where was your response to the exact same
    >>>quote
    >>>that I responded to? Oh I know, its because you share his view so you
    >>>can
    >>>only utilize your hypocritical sarcasm with those who SHARE your views.
    >>>

    >>what, the one where i actually said the amount of blur varies from
    >>game to game and that some of them have very little, if not none at
    >>all?
    >>
    >>that post? the one where i didn't agree with what he said completely?
    >>

    > ah, it would seem that was in a different thread, however my first
    > reply to you was in much the same tone.

    But it wasn't what you thought it was, was it?

  6. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:27:42 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
    wrote:

    >"Chris F" wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:49:10 +0100, Chris F
    >> wrote:

    >>>what, the one where i actually said the amount of blur varies from
    >>>game to game and that some of them have very little, if not none at
    >>>all?
    >>>
    >>>that post? the one where i didn't agree with what he said completely?
    >>>

    >> ah, it would seem that was in a different thread, however my first
    >> reply to you was in much the same tone.
    >>

    >But it wasn't what you thought it was, was it?

    to quote:

    having owned both, he has a point with some games, and especially umd
    movies, which had pretty bad motion blur.

    a lot of games are alright though, but there is a fair bit of blurring
    (Loco Roco is a bit like that, you don't notice it unless you're
    looking for it though)

    GTA was pretty bad for it, and i remember rockstar saying it wasn't an
    intentional effect, just a factor of the display. how much of that is
    true, i don't know, as games like Daxter have very little blur and are
    quite sharp on the whole.

    endquote.

    i think thats a pretty bloody fair comment to have made, don't you?

    and it hardly shows that i share the same viewpoint as he does, does
    it? if i did, i wouldn't say that it isn't the case with all games,
    would i? do i unilaterally slag off the PSP there, no do i bollocks, i
    state that the blurring ghosting is a problem/flaw with some games,
    which understandably can put people off the system.

    i'm not advocating either system, both have their bad and good points
    and both have some great games.

    the fact i prefer the DS does not mean that my opinion on the PSP is
    suddenly invalid, or inferior.

    you, on the other hand seem determined to defend the PSP to the death
    no matter what, which is why i made the comment about you brown-nosing
    kutaragi.

    it us completely undeniable that some games suffer from pretty bad
    ghosting/blurring on the PSP, it isn't the perfect games machine you
    seem determined to portray it as.
    --

    gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
    http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
    Current eBay auctions: http://tinyurl.com/hutcb

  7. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:02:55 +0100, Chris F
    wrote:

    >state that the blurring ghosting is a problem/flaw with some games,
    >which understandably can put people off the system.

    Sounds like I was unlucky in what I had to play, then - I was
    certainly put off. GTA _really_ looks like slow TFT refresh though.

    I'll have to have another go.

    Cheers - Jaimie
    --
    A: Think about it. Come on, you can figure it out.
    A:>> When half the group posts top and the other half posts bottom.

  8. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    "Chris F" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:27:42 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Chris F" wrote in message

    >>> ah, it would seem that was in a different thread, however my first
    >>> reply to you was in much the same tone.
    >>>

    >>But it wasn't what you thought it was, was it?
    >>

    > to quote:
    >
    > having owned both, he has a point with some games, and especially umd
    > movies, which had pretty bad motion blur.
    >
    > a lot of games are alright though, but there is a fair bit of blurring
    > (Loco Roco is a bit like that, you don't notice it unless you're
    > looking for it though)
    >
    > GTA was pretty bad for it, and i remember rockstar saying it wasn't an
    > intentional effect, just a factor of the display. how much of that is
    > true, i don't know, as games like Daxter have very little blur and are
    > quite sharp on the whole.
    >
    > endquote.
    >
    > i think thats a pretty bloody fair comment to have made, don't you?
    >
    > and it hardly shows that i share the same viewpoint as he does, does
    > it? if i did, i wouldn't say that it isn't the case with all games,
    > would i? do i unilaterally slag off the PSP there, no do i bollocks, i
    > state that the blurring ghosting is a problem/flaw with some games,
    > which understandably can put people off the system.
    >
    > i'm not advocating either system, both have their bad and good points
    > and both have some great games.
    >
    > the fact i prefer the DS does not mean that my opinion on the PSP is
    > suddenly invalid, or inferior.
    >
    > you, on the other hand seem determined to defend the PSP to the death
    > no matter what, which is why i made the comment about you brown-nosing
    > kutaragi.
    >
    > it us completely undeniable that some games suffer from pretty bad
    > ghosting/blurring on the PSP, it isn't the perfect games machine you
    > seem determined to portray it as.

    And when did I portray it in that light? You definitely have me confused
    with someone else because I have never claimed the PSP was anywhere close to
    perfect. A simple perusal of google groups will show you that I not only
    own 2 PSP's but a DS as well. You won't see me bashing the DS either. What
    you will see is me responding to moronic posts that praise the DS as being
    superior to the PSP in every way. Anyone who claims that all PSP games are
    just PS2 ports, is a moron. Anyone who claims that the PSP doesn't have
    quality exclusives, is a moron. Even with the blurring affects that are
    mentioned in this group, I still stand by what I say. The DS may have
    superiority to the PSP in some aspects but anyone who claims that it is
    "graphically" superior to the PSP, is a moron. Those are the only things
    you will ever see me respond to in this regard.

    As for your comment about an opinion being invalid or inferior, that
    absolutely can be the case. If I haven't played my DS in 6 months, how can
    my commentary about its strengths and weaknesses be as valid as someone who
    plays it religiously and has an exponentially greater library. It doesn't
    mean my opinion would be meaningless but I would sound pretty stupid
    arguing with someone who has invested quite a bit more time than I. Ex.,
    you play Oblivion for 3 hours and love it. I play it for 28 hours and find
    it flawed. I can't say that your 3 hours worth of opinion is wrong but I
    would feel I know quite a bit more than you about the game and rightfully
    so. That is not discrediting your time with the game but you can't
    seriously think we would be able to argue the same points
    > --
    >
    > gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
    > http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
    > Current eBay auctions: http://tinyurl.com/hutcb

  9. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    Mattinglyfan wrote:
    > But I am pretty sure he
    > doesn't own Tekken, Monster Hunter, Daxter, Syphon Filter or Race Driver.

    What's Race Driver like in your opinion? I didn't like driving cars in
    GTA:LCS because of that analog nub but does RD control better?

  10. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    On 22 Aug 2006 08:58:59 -0700, "Robert P Holley"
    wrote:

    >Mattinglyfan wrote:
    >> But I am pretty sure he
    >> doesn't own Tekken, Monster Hunter, Daxter, Syphon Filter or Race Driver.

    >What's Race Driver like in your opinion? I didn't like driving cars in
    >GTA:LCS because of that analog nub but does RD control better?

    i think ridgeracers had the best control for racing games on the PSP,
    it seemed to work just fine with the digital controls.

    the analogue nub is just awful imo, i never could get on with it.
    --

    gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
    http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
    Current eBay auctions: http://tinyurl.com/hutcb

  11. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    "Chris F" wrote in message
    > On 22 Aug 2006 08:58:59 -0700, "Robert P Holley"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Mattinglyfan wrote:
    >>> But I am pretty sure he
    >>> doesn't own Tekken, Monster Hunter, Daxter, Syphon Filter or Race
    >>> Driver.

    >>What's Race Driver like in your opinion? I didn't like driving cars in
    >>GTA:LCS because of that analog nub but does RD control better?

    > i think ridgeracers had the best control for racing games on the PSP,
    > it seemed to work just fine with the digital controls.
    >
    > the analogue nub is just awful imo, i never could get on with it.

    Nope, I thought so too but if you guys like Toca, this is by far the most
    fun.

  12. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:14:47 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
    wrote:

    >"Chris F" wrote in message
    >> On 22 Aug 2006 08:58:59 -0700, "Robert P Holley"
    >> wrote:

    >>>What's Race Driver like in your opinion? I didn't like driving cars in
    >>>GTA:LCS because of that analog nub but does RD control better?

    >> i think ridgeracers had the best control for racing games on the PSP,
    >> it seemed to work just fine with the digital controls.
    >>
    >> the analogue nub is just awful imo, i never could get on with it.

    >Nope, I thought so too but if you guys like Toca, this is by far the most
    >fun.

    i wasn't a fan of it on PSP, probably because i was so used to playing
    it on PS2/xbox. the lack of analogue acceleration/braking ruined it
    for me.

    not saying it's a bad racer on PSP, because it's still a good racing
    game (even if it does have some horrendous slowdown at times), i just
    enjoyed ridge racer more.
    --

    gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
    http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
    Current eBay auctions: http://tinyurl.com/hutcb

  13. Re: PSP price cut might be imminent

    Chris F wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:14:47 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Chris F" wrote in message

    > >> i think ridgeracers had the best control for racing games on the PSP,
    > >> it seemed to work just fine with the digital controls.
    > >>
    > >> the analogue nub is just awful imo, i never could get on with it.

    > >Nope, I thought so too but if you guys like Toca, this is by far the most
    > >fun.
    > >

    > i wasn't a fan of it on PSP, probably because i was so used to playing
    > it on PS2/xbox. the lack of analogue acceleration/braking ruined it
    > for me.
    >
    > not saying it's a bad racer on PSP, because it's still a good racing
    > game (even if it does have some horrendous slowdown at times), i just
    > enjoyed ridge racer more.
    > --

    I meant, in terms of racing enjoyment, I find it to be a superior game
    to Ridge Racer. I was trying to say that the controls still allowed me
    to enjoy it where as in other games, they detracted greatly from the
    PSP experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2