CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Handheld

This is a discussion on CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Handheld ; VIDEO HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGNSpsTgLlc "Iwata-San also revealed the first ever Nintendo DS iteration of Zelda. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, a cel-shaded, touch-screen adventure is a totally unique and new title set to hit the console later this year." holy ...

  1. CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    VIDEO HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGNSpsTgLlc

    "Iwata-San also revealed the first ever Nintendo DS iteration of Zelda.
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, a cel-shaded, touch-screen
    adventure is a totally unique and new title set to hit the console
    later this year."
    holy ****ing ****!

    http://www.cubed3.com/news/4797
    http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/1746/2471/
    http://revolution.ign.com/articles/697/697882p1.html
    http://ds.ign.com/articles/697/697930p1.html
    http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/...595_5655_0.htm

    GDC 06: Eyes-on Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Nintendo debuts Link's premiere DS experience. Our take, screens and
    video right here.
    by Craig Harris

    March 23, 2006 - Though most people were expecting Revolution news and
    details as the big "reveal" at Nintendo's keynote speech at the Game
    Developers Conference today, Nintendo zagged when we thought it would
    zig - Satoru Iwata instead used the venue to announce and show off the
    next Legend of Zelda game, coming to the Nintendo DS.

    The demonstration faded in with a mysterious door that had a
    handwritten rune slowly drawn on it. But by the time the rune unlocked
    the door and made the familiar unlock chime melody heard in every Zelda
    game since the NES original, everyone knew what was coming.

    After the door opened, the trailer began to reveal Link in all his Wind
    Waker glory, in 3D on the Nintendo DS hardware. Quick cuts of gameplay
    footage showed the direction the game's taking: the Wind Waker art
    style and, possibly, the same storyline as the GameCube game. Much of
    the footage showed off some of the DS-specific puzzle elements, like
    touch screen door unlocking where players had to touch spots in
    specific order, or draw a line from one spot to another. The Wind Waker
    link was solidified with footage showing Link sailing on the open seas
    and fighting with enemy ships.

    The demo showed that the action will take place on the lower screen
    with the upper screen handling details like the area map. The game's
    camera is more of a 3D representation of the top-down 2D gameplay of
    the classic Legend of Zelda NES and SNES games, with a bit more of a
    tipped-down angle to see more of the area in the distance.

    The Nintendo DS hardware is handling the Wind Waker celshading style
    admirably, as the game, in the trailer, seemed to run at a frame rate
    equal to that of the GameCube game. Of course, the visuals are scaled
    back a bit from the console version - the resolution was noticeably
    lower and the detail on the character and environments were definitely
    cut back.

    No hard details were released about the game, other than its title: The
    Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, fading in at the end of the
    trailer. Saturo Iwata mentioned after the video presentation that we
    will see more of the game and actually play it at the Electronic
    Entertainment Expo this May.

  2. Re: CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    Air Raid wrote:
    > VIDEO HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGNSpsTgLlc

    Old news, retard.

  3. Re: CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    **** off, miserable bastard.

  4. Re: CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    Well it appears I'll have to buy a DS now.

    RnR

    "Air Raid" wrote in message
    news:1143148574.536461.161340@v46g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
> [...]
    > camera is more of a 3D representation of the top-down 2D gameplay of
    > the classic Legend of Zelda NES and SNES games, with a bit more of a
    > tipped-down angle to see more of the area in the distance.
    >
    > The Nintendo DS hardware is handling the Wind Waker celshading style
    > admirably, as the game, in the trailer, seemed to run at a frame rate
    > equal to that of the GameCube game. Of course, the visuals are scaled
    > back a bit from the console version - the resolution was noticeably
    > lower and the detail on the character and environments were definitely
    > cut back.
    >

    > No hard details were released about the game, other than its title: The
    > Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, fading in at the end of the
    > trailer. Saturo Iwata mentioned after the video presentation that we
    > will see more of the game and actually play it at the Electronic

  5. Re: CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    On 2006-03-23, RnR Stone Cold wrote:
    > Well it appears I'll have to buy a DS now.

    I have one and this makes me even happier. Looks absolutely gorgeous.
    And I never got a chance to play Wind Waker so now might be my chance to
    play something similar.

    Preston

  6. Re: CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    Air Raid wrote:
    > **** off, miserable bastard.

    It's off topic here. And looks **** anyway.

  7. Re: CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    "Obvious Stirrer" wrote in message
    > Air Raid wrote:
    >> **** off, miserable bastard.

    > It's off topic here. And looks **** anyway.

    Dude, the DS is cheap. Just cut back on the cigarettes a month or so and
    buy one, son.

  8. Re: CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    "Preston Crawford" wrote in message
    > On 2006-03-23, RnR Stone Cold wrote:
    >> Well it appears I'll have to buy a DS now.

    > I have one and this makes me even happier. Looks absolutely gorgeous.
    > And I never got a chance to play Wind Waker so now might be my chance to
    > play something similar.

    Similar looking, but the game world, mechanically, is more like the SNES
    version, it seems. The third dimension was more robust in the Game Cube
    game, mechanic wise.

  9. Re: CEL-SHADED ZELDA FOR DS - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

    Nothing for the DS until now has made me want the system. I bought a PSP
    mainly for its technology, but haven't bought too many games for it.

    The new Super Mario Bros. for the DS also looks pretty cool.

    RnR

    "Preston Crawford" wrote in message
    > On 2006-03-23, RnR Stone Cold wrote:
    >> Well it appears I'll have to buy a DS now.

    > I have one and this makes me even happier. Looks absolutely gorgeous.
    > And I never got a chance to play Wind Waker so now might be my chance to
    > play something similar.
    >
    > Preston

+ Reply to Thread