SD cards & Zire 72 - Handheld

This is a discussion on SD cards & Zire 72 - Handheld ; Hi everyone I am looking for a little guidence. I just bought an SD card for my Zire 72. I have a program I purchased and am trying to install it onto the card, instead of the handheld (internal memory). ...

  1. SD cards & Zire 72

    Hi everyone I am looking for a little guidence.

    I just bought an SD card for my Zire 72. I have a program I purchased
    and am trying to install it onto the card, instead of the handheld
    (internal memory). When I hotsync the prc file to the card and run the

    application to install, it overwrites the application on the handheld
    and the prc stays on the card.

    I am not able to copy the program from handheld to card, as it is
    locked. My only thought is that I need to have the o/s on the card,
    possibly find out how the application decides where to save and change
    that location or to somehow unlock the program to copy it & delete the
    version on the handheld.

    Any thoughts or advice on how to do this?

    Thanks!

    Susan (a frustrated addict).

  2. Re: SD cards & Zire 72

    "sbenjam2" wrote in message
    news:1142210094.302059.23070@v46g2000cwv.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi everyone I am looking for a little guidence.
    >
    > I just bought an SD card for my Zire 72. I have a program I purchased
    > and am trying to install it onto the card, instead of the handheld
    > (internal memory). When I hotsync the prc file to the card and run the
    >
    > application to install, it overwrites the application on the handheld
    > and the prc stays on the card.
    >

    > I am not able to copy the program from handheld to card, as it is
    > locked. My only thought is that I need to have the o/s on the card,
    > possibly find out how the application decides where to save and change
    > that location or to somehow unlock the program to copy it & delete the
    > version on the handheld.
    >

    > Any thoughts or advice on how to do this?
    >

    > Thanks!
    >

    > Susan (a frustrated addict).

    If you're saying that your card is locked, then how can any app be installed
    on your SD? Unlock it and try again.

    Dugie

  3. Re: SD cards & Zire 72

    sbenjam2 wrote:

    > I am not able to copy the program from handheld to card, as it is
    > locked. My only thought is that I need to have the o/s on the card,
    > possibly find out how the application decides where to save and change
    > that location or to somehow unlock the program to copy it & delete the
    > version on the handheld.

    Hello Susan,

    Paul from Palm here. Some third-party applications fail to launch from
    an expansion card if they use libraries or files stored in your
    device's internal memory. In that case, your best bet is to contact the
    application developer with questions regarding copying. But, you might
    also take a look at the Palm Knowledge Library article "Copying,
    deleting, sending and beaming files and applications on an SD/MMC
    expansion card" at
    http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=10102.

    Best

    Paul