Power supply for a Toshiba E570 - Handheld

This is a discussion on Power supply for a Toshiba E570 - Handheld ; Hi, my e570 power supply is out of order. It's a 5V 3Amp. Does anyone know if a 5V 2.6Amp power supply would be OK as a replacement? Thanks...

  1. Power supply for a Toshiba E570

    Hi, my e570 power supply is out of order.
    It's a 5V 3Amp.
    Does anyone know if a 5V 2.6Amp power supply would be OK as a
    replacement?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Power supply for a Toshiba E570

    Hi Serge,

    I think you'll be fine but this is at your own risk.

    Looking at the technical manual for the e570, the correct power supply
    can supply the device with 15 W. (W=VI, so W=5*3). With your supply,
    you can supply 13W (5*2.6).

    I'm guessing that this is sufficient to power the e570 to play a movie
    from an SD card with the LCD screen set to superbright, volume to max
    and while running a compact flash GPS. Work towards this and if you see
    strange behaviour, such as the screen flashing on and off, power off
    immediately, then avoid using compact flash or SD cards.

    At worst, just use this setup as a trickle charger and run the device
    off batteries. You can buy a cheap battery extender, or even a car or
    second charger, off ebay. The Toshiba e750 or 740 is electrically very
    similar and any power accessory advertised for these will work on your
    PDA. My wife and I each have an e750 while my older e570 has gone to my
    son, who uses it for movies on long trips.

    Let me know if you want a copy of the technical manual on PDF.

+ Reply to Thread