Basic Palm text editor capable saving any ASCII type (mainly .htm, .css, .php) - Handheld

This is a discussion on Basic Palm text editor capable saving any ASCII type (mainly .htm, .css, .php) - Handheld ; Hi, I would like to download an basic text editor that I can save pages as HTML (or PHP, CSS, JS etc.). It doesnt need to have any tag input features (or perhaps even be design with the intention of ...

  1. Basic Palm text editor capable saving any ASCII type (mainly .htm, .css, .php)

    Hi,

    I would like to download an basic text editor that I can save pages as
    HTML (or PHP, CSS, JS etc.). It doesnt need to have any tag input
    features (or perhaps even be design with the intention of creating HTML
    pages) as I hand code most of the time anyway but I do need to be able
    to save ASCII files with any extension (or at least the standard web
    page ones such as htm, html, php, css, js ...). Also, once the file is
    saved can I load it offline using my built in web browser (NetFront
    v3.0)?

    Cheers

    Burnsy

  2. Re: Basic Palm text editor capable saving any ASCII type (mainly .htm, .css, .php)

    03.03.2006 16:35, bissatch@yahoo.co.uk schrob:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to download an basic text editor that I can save pages as
    > HTML (or PHP, CSS, JS etc.). It doesnt need to have any tag input
    > features (or perhaps even be design with the intention of creating HTML
    > pages) as I hand code most of the time anyway but I do need to be able
    > to save ASCII files with any extension (or at least the standard web
    > page ones such as htm, html, php, css, js ...). Also, once the file is
    > saved can I load it offline using my built in web browser (NetFront
    > v3.0)?

    TotalCommander CE* has a light-weight built-in text editor. Just select a
    file and tap the notepad-icon on the bottom toolbar.

    * http://www.ghisler.com
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

  3. Re: Basic Palm text editor capable saving any ASCII type (mainly .htm, .css, .php)

    Hi,

    Thanks for that.

    I have since found one that seemed to get good reviews and have found
    it very useful for creating html files (or any text file for that
    matter).

    TexT (freeware)

    I may try some of the html editors though as it would be nice to have
    some quick method for entering frequently used tags (

    , , href="... etc) and closing them when editing.

    Burnsy

+ Reply to Thread