Microsoft to Launch Handheld to Counter iPod and PSP - Handheld

This is a discussion on Microsoft to Launch Handheld to Counter iPod and PSP - Handheld ; Microsoft is preparing to unveil a handheld multimedia device designed to take on Apple's iPod and the Sony PSP. Called Origami, it is thought to boast a touch screen, wireless web access, and to play music, videos and games. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4761928.stm...

  1. Microsoft to Launch Handheld to Counter iPod and PSP

    Microsoft is preparing to unveil a handheld multimedia device designed
    to take on Apple's iPod and the Sony PSP.

    Called Origami, it is thought to boast a touch screen, wireless web
    access, and to play music, videos and games.

  2. Re: Microsoft to Launch Handheld to Counter iPod and PSP

    Microsoft already _has_ a version of Windows Mobile for media, and at
    least two companies have devices on the market:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ia/tatung.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi.../gigabeat.mspx

    On 1 Mar 2006 03:48:40 -0800, "Air Raid" wrote:

    >Microsoft is preparing to unveil a handheld multimedia device designed
    >to take on Apple's iPod and the Sony PSP.
    >
    >Called Origami, it is thought to boast a touch screen, wireless web
    >access, and to play music, videos and games.
    >
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4761928.stm

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Microsoft to Launch Handheld to Counter iPod and PSP

    On 2006-03-01 20:17:09 +0100, r_z_aret@pen_fact.com said:

    > Microsoft already _has_ a version of Windows Mobile for media, and at
    > least two companies have devices on the market:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ia/tatung.mspx
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi.../gigabeat.mspx

    On the market? "Just announced!" and "Available Spring 2006" is not
    being "on the market". That's just vapourware. Let's wait and see, if
    they get released, how good they are, and what they'll cost.
    --
    Venlig hilsen
    Henrik Münster

  4. Re: Microsoft to Launch Handheld to Counter iPod and PSP

    On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:27:19 +0100, Henrik Münster
    wrote:

    >On 2006-03-01 20:17:09 +0100, r_z_aret@pen_fact.com said:
    >
    >> Microsoft already _has_ a version of Windows Mobile for media, and at
    >> least two companies have devices on the market:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ia/tatung.mspx
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi.../gigabeat.mspx

    >On the market? "Just announced!" and "Available Spring 2006" is not
    >being "on the market". That's just vapourware. Let's wait and see, if
    >they get released, how good they are, and what they'll cost.

    Well put. I'm not particularly interested, and didn't really check. I
    was more interested in pointing out that the "news" is not even new.
    My ego is a bit bruised, but I'm glad you did check and corrected me.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  5. Re: Microsoft to Launch Handheld to Counter iPod and PSP

    Air Raid wrote:

    > Microsoft is preparing to unveil a handheld multimedia device designed
    > to take on Apple's iPod and the Sony PSP.
    >
    > Called Origami, it is thought to boast a touch screen, wireless web
    > access, and to play music, videos and games.

    Touchscreen on a handheld? Such a gimic

+ Reply to Thread